Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Slow file and page load  (Read 2195 times)

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
Slow file and page load
« on: February 15, 2018, 07:10:17 AM »
Is anyone else experiencing extremely slow page load times? I'm seeing pages take up to 15 seconds to load, that used to load in less than a second. Google search console is reporting such slow times, too, which is killing my page rank. According to Chrome browser Network Analysis tool, almost all of it is TTFB (Waiting) time for small image, CSS, and JS files. None of these are large (they are tens of kB). They can easily take 10 seconds or more of waiting time. The transfer after the wait takes only a few milliseconds. So, what gives? All these files have one month or more of caching requested in .htaccess, so it's odd that they have to be loaded each time.

This seems to have started after Net Neutrality was repealed. Am I getting screwed over because I'm not paying to play with certain transport companies?
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-

Offline wektech

• Master Jedi
    • Yuma Arizona Information
Re: Slow file and page load
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 09:45:53 AM »
I checked your signature page and saw a rather long initial load time. Once the front page loaded the internal links all seemed normal. I checked a couple of different LP servers that i have sites or customers on and they seem ok.

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 12:20:15 PM »
Any ideas? I notice that my cPanel pages are slow to load, too. I'm wondering if there could be something "off" about my server (Mizar). Is there any way to confirm that image, JS, and CSS files are in fact cached with my local browser? It feels like they might be expiring after a day, rather than a month. Even so, 10 seconds of wait time to load is quite excessive.

My .htaccess has a fairly long IP block list, and I do a lot of URL rewriting, but it shouldn't cause times like that. And it's not the same files each time. For a while I thought it was files being served for Bootstrap 3, but that isn't consistent.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 12:25:07 PM by MrPhil »
Visit My Site

E-mail Me

Offline smotrilla

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 07:37:42 PM »
Not sure if its related or not. they have a ddos attack going on right now according to their status.

"We are currently working to reduce the impact of a DDoS that is directed at the Hawthorne data center. This is resulting in severe Network latency"

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 07:52:09 AM »
My site problems have been going on for weeks, so it's not the DDoS attack. I was about to post asking if anyone else had noticed that LF itself seemed to be awfully slow yesterday, but you beat me to it.
Visit My Site

E-mail Me

Offline Greyryder

• Intergalactic Cowboy
    • Quantum Rip
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 05:00:01 AM »
I've been having similar problems in the mornings (Eastern time) on Buckeye. Not sure how long it's been going on. Just noticed it, a few days ago.

Offline kim_c

• Space Explorer
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 02:37:24 PM »
Similar problem with maru. see my post here https://www.lunarpages.com/forums/index.php?topic=101621.0

Offline JosephAdoli

• JosephgelahJP
write my essay now
« Reply #7 on: Today at 08:34:21 AM »
Write My Essay - EssayErudite.com

Fed up of typing "who can write my essay" in the search bar?
Would you like to have a reliable helper always by your side?
Our website will come as an excellent solution to write my essay for everyone!

<a href="https://essayerudite.com/write-my-essay/" />write my essay</a>

Write My Essay - https://essayerudite.com/write-my-essay/

cheap writing service
thesis editing services
argumentative research paper
assignment help online
cpm homework
write my paper
buy college essays online
buy essay online cheap
buy essay
writing my paper