Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Is live chat that important?  (Read 3415 times)

Offline Allicewatson

Is live chat that important?
« on: April 18, 2017, 06:13:43 AM »
Can someone please tell me the importance of live chat? I have integrated other forms of customer support platforms on my website, like calls and emails, but I never used live chat. Whereas everybody is making a fuss about is all over the internet. I have researched on this topic and read many articles regarding live chat and chat agents for a business, but I am looking for someone having a hands-on experience. I run an online shop of garments, I have hundreds of customer calls regarding their purchases, and different products that they have seem on my website or on the special media pages. Hope I would get some serious replies from you guys that would help me make up my mind whether I should use it on my website or not.

<spam link for commercial chat service removed - Mod.>
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 09:14:30 AM by MrPhil »

Offline AlbertDavid

Re: Is live chat that important?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 10:39:46 PM »
"It's not a must but now every other site has that. And most of them use bots which is annoying.
 It all depends on your need. If your customer base is huge, then your phone lines are going to be ringing all day and your mail is going to be flooded even if it's a small doubt they have. In that case, live chat is a good option coz this way you get to filter out all the small requests or doubts through chat while your phone lines and emails can be used for a problem bigger than ""Is this dress available in green colour ?"" or ""Does your size chart match with the actual garment size"". Hope you understand what I'm trying to convey."