Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: All email to yahoo getting bounced  (Read 4543 times)

Offline Clark Kenyon

• Trekkie
All email to yahoo getting bounced
« on: December 02, 2015, 08:25:02 PM »
For some reason for months now any email I send to any yahoo account is getting bounced (This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 1 second(s):). If I want my emails to go through I have to resend them via my Gmail account.
Clark

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
Re: All email to yahoo getting bounced
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 05:28:03 AM »
Possibly your server is blacklisted as a spam source. Forward a bounced email (including all headers) with any other useful information to abuse@lunarpages.com, and they will look into getting your server delisted.

For your part, please consider the email you're generating on your site, and whether the volume (to a single recipient) or content or incomplete/contradictory headers might be causing it to be flagged as spam.
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-

Offline mehreenshaikh

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 09:24:53 PM »
Some Guidelines of the yahoo mail getting bounced -

Hurray has upgraded the DMARC record with "p=reject" for the "yahoo.com," "ymail.com," and "rocketmail.com" spaces.

This implies all DMARC agreeable mail collectors (counting Hurray, Hotmail, and Gmail) are currently skipping messages sent as "@yahoo.com" locations that aren't sent through Yippee servers. Any messages without a legitimate Space Keys Distinguished Mail (DKIM) mark or Sender Approach Structure (SPF) arrangement will be dismisses.

ESPs who utilize their clients' "@yahoo.com" address as the "From" location to send messages are affected by this change.

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 06:42:11 AM »
Does that apply to mail being sent to @yahoo.com from non-yahoo.com sources? That sounds like what the OP is reporting. What you are describing sounds to me like problems with calling your LP-based mail sender "@yahoo.com", that they're rejecting as spam unless it meets certain criteria.

Of course, I may have misread the whole thing...
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-