Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Mabon Server cursed with email blacklist yet again  (Read 1784 times)

Offline SpatialZ

• Space Explorer
    • http://www.SpatialZ.com
Mabon Server cursed with email blacklist yet again
« on: August 31, 2015, 02:02:09 PM »
I don't know who of my shared hosting neighbors on the Mabon server puts us on the blacklist but it is frustrating.  The server IP has been added, finally removed, then soon after added.   4 times since Aug 25.  And yes I have an open ticket about one of the recent blacklist add.  If LP cannot constrain or monitor perhaps they can offer a server to clients that forbids more then X emails outbound per day.  That might help keep us off the blacklist

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
Re: Mabon Server cursed with email blacklist yet again
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 03:09:19 PM »
LP already has a per-hour email limit. I don't know if there's any per-day limit.

Note that email volume is only one thing that can trigger a spam blacklist. All it takes is one complaint that someone sent spam, or something like SpamAssassin detected spam. It can even happen that someone forwarded their mail (incoming to their LP account), including spam, to another email service (gmail, etc.) and that gets the server blacklisted. I've suggested that LP mandate spam scanning for all email before it's forwarded, but who knows if that will ever happen.
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-

Offline SpatialZ

• Space Explorer
    • http://www.SpatialZ.com
Re: Mabon Server cursed with email blacklist yet again
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 06:15:21 PM »
Thanks MrPhil.  I guess we have been relatively "lucky" on this server for a good run of time on whitelist.   This blacklisted on and off for 6 days now gets kinda old.  It is a shame that emails from free providers like gmail and hotmail is more reliable and always whitelisted than our own purchased domains.