Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Mail servers have had very poor uptime performance  (Read 1777 times)

Offline career4

• http://www.careerpro.com
Mail servers have had very poor uptime performance
« on: December 08, 2003, 12:28:58 PM »
I have experienced email downtime of a few hours at least twice a month since I've been with lunarpages and that is unacceptable in my business. Email is my primary method of communicating with customers and delivering download instructions for customers' completed projects. What can be done to either remedy this situation or get out of my contract with lunarpages so that I can seek a better hosting solution? I have sites hosted elsewhere that have been more reliable. I have another site at lunarpages on a different server that has been more reliable as well.
Gary Sanchez
www.CareerPro.com
408.370.2359 fax
gary@careerpro.com

Offline stapel

• Galactic Royalty
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 01:13:27 PM »
I have frequent e-mail outages also. My one site was down for fifteen minutes or so today, and my other site's e-mail is still inaccessible after more than an hour. This happens more than once a week. I have asked what the problem is, but have not received an answer. If you find out, please let me know.

Thank you.

Eliz.

Offline Ed

• Berserker Poster
    • Joke A Whenever
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2003, 12:05:01 PM »
Please note: This is an unnofficial response (in other words I speak on behalf of myself, not LP):

The common reason lately is because they have had to disable to email service (checking only) all messages still are received, to allod the "RAID battery" to "recharge". I'm not exactly sure the reason for this problem, but I do know that there is a big announcement coming up soon about some hardware improvements that will solve this problem once and for all. Basically a global storage system.

Should be announced in the next 2 weeks I hope! Once this is rolled out, the RAID battery issue will be history, and there will be no need for any periodic delays in receipt of email.

- Ed