I have not updated my software yet with Office SP-2 and the hotfix patch.
After a couple of hours, I finally did manage to get the hotfix patch from Microsoft. It was like pulling teeth. First, the hotfix patch is not available for downloading; you need to call Microsoft Product Support Services. There lays the rub - try obtaining the phone number for Microsoft Product Support Services. I never was able to obtain it.
I found myself in a Catch-22 situation. The hotfix is only available from Microsoft but Microsoft would not answer me because their software was installed at the OEM. Outlook came with my Dell computer that I bought earlier this year. The webpages that "provide" you with contact information for the Product Support Services refused to provide me with a Microsoft phone number. It insisted that I had to go through my OEM for all software problems. I did call the support number for Dell that Microsoft provided. They, like myself, thought that this was crazy since Microsoft did not provide them with the hotfixes to redistribute and that I still needed to go through Microsoft for the patch.
Next I tried the Passport.Net method of submitting a bug request. This also did not work because as soon as they were able to determine that software was installed at the OEM, they refused to continue. In the Passport pages, you had to specify whether the sofeware was installed by your OEM. If you say yes, you are shunted to the list of OEM tech support phone numbers, end of the line. If you say no or unknown, you need to present a valid Product ID. All OEM installed version of Microsoft products contain an OEM code. Once that code is detected, you are shunted to the OEM tech support phone numbers. My copy of Outlook's Product ID contains the OEM code so I was stuck.
Then I went searching for contact information on the Microsoft website. They really do not want to hear from customers. My search finally yielded a PC Virus and Security support number (1-866-PC-SAFETy). At first, they told me that they could not help me at all since they were the anti-virus support division. After telling them of my situation, they were able to give me a Microsoft support phone number (1-800-MICROSOft), funny how I never saw that number listed on the Microsoft website.
So, my next step was to call this number. Of course, being Sunday night (Monday morning, after midnight), no Home User customer support was available. After playing with the menu selection, I was finally able to speak to a human. I quickly explained that all I wanted was the hotfix (no diagnostic required), the man on customer support was very helpful. He was able to set up a ticket number and send me the email on how to download the patch, which is password protected because it is not a "fully tested fix".
It only took three or four tries to get the URL provided to work and in the end, it never asked for the password.
All I can say is that this hotfix patch better work after all the hoops Microsoft had me jump through to obtain it. Isn't modern tech support wonderful; unfortunately Microsoft is not alone in their method of technical support. That is the reason that my latest desktop is a Dell instead of a Gateway.