Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Lunarpages introduces the Enterprise package!  (Read 43522 times)

Offline Max

• Über Jedi
    • Max's website!
Lunarpages introduces the Enterprise package!
« on: November 20, 2003, 04:35:35 PM »
In an effort for Lunarpages to grow with our customers while continuing our dedication to offering affordable hosting, we are excited to announce the launch of our new enhanced plan, Enterprise.  

Although it has taken a little more time than we expected to get everything settled, we think you will find it well worth the wait and will be pleased with the specifications and available options.  This is a semi dedicating hosting package we will offer to existing customers who have outgrown our existing plans and need more than what our Voyager plan currently offers.  

The Enterprise plan is $39.95 per month* and comes with the following standard features.  Additional features and upgrades are available at an additional charge:

"     2 GB Storage
"     200 GB Transfer
"     1 Dedicated IP
"     3 Add-On Domains
"     10 Parked Domains
"     Shared SSL Certificate
"     POP3, SMTP & IMAP  
"     Unlimited E-mail Accounts  
"     Unlimited E-mail Forwarding  
"     Unlimited E-mail Auto Responders  
"     30-Day Money Back Guarantee  
"     Toll-Free Telephone Support
"     Priority 24/7 Email support
"     Web Mail  
"     Online Control Panel
"     PHP, PYTHON & PERL  
"     CGI-BIN  
"     10 MySQL Databases  
"     99.9% Uptime
"     FrontPage Extensions  
"     30 Sub Domains  
"     Dreamweaver Compatible
"     25 FTP Accounts  
"     SSI - Server Side Includes  
"     Agora Shopping Cart  
"     Interchange Shopping Cart
"     osCommerce Shopping Cart
"     Anonymous FTP
"     Password Protected Folders
"     Custom Error Pages
"     1 Mailing list
"     Flash and Shockwave
"     Windows Media Compatible
"     Real Media Compatible
"     Online User Statistics
"     Raw Access Logs
"     No Filename Restrictions
"     No File Size Limits
"     SSH Access without Root Access

Anyone interested in upgrading to this package or anyone wanting additional information may send an email to enterprise@lunarpages.com.

* Prices based on a one year contract

Offline dizzy0113

• Galactic Royalty
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2003, 07:54:19 AM »
I see this comes with 1 Dedicated IP.

Will this account allow you to purchase additional IPs for addon domains?

I wanted to do this with the regular paln, but was informed that Lunar only allows you 1 IP per account.

Thanks

Offline Coon

• Adi
  • Über Jedi
    • Freestyle Football
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2003, 08:03:07 AM »
Nice addition Max. Dang, I really like that plan... it has it all. :)
Soccer Forum - Established freestyle soccer forum!
Freestyle Football - Cool soccer freestyle videos! Must SEE!
Frisco Painting - Faux painting for Dallas, TX area.

Offline vidar_

• Trekkie
Re: Lunarpages introduces the Enterprise package!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 09:50:14 AM »
Hi!

The Enterprise plan looks pretty good, but I have a few questions:

1.) What number of users will be on the servers?

2.) What kind of server will these plans run on?

3.) Is the price for addons the same? JSP/Servlets, add-on domains, more bandwidth etc.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Über Jedi
    • Lunarpages Web Hosting
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2003, 07:00:15 PM »
We will not put another dedicated ip on the add on domains

The number of users will depend on server performance.  

Shared AMD XP2400 Shared 512 MB Memory as of right now.  This may vary.

A Java/JSP Enabled Account is $10.00 per Month using Tomacat and  includes a private JVM with 64 Mb Heap per JVM

Additional Heap is available for $15.00 per 32 Mb, limit 64 Mb Additional

Java enabled on Add on domains and subdomains are an additional $2.50 each, one time set up fee.  

Add on domains are $2.50 per Month per Domain, limit 10 additional

Additional Bandwidth is $3.95 per GB per Month, no limit

Offline dizzy0113

• Galactic Royalty
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2003, 07:19:01 PM »
Quote from: Kathleen
We will not put another dedicated ip on the add on domains

I don't understand this limitation of one static IP per account.  This severly limits the use of the addon domains.

I would like to get a semi-deicated server, but this limitation would render it useless as I would have to get a seperate account instead of just and addon domain.

What is the reason for only offering 1 IP per account even on the semi-dedicated server?

When you do offer the full-dedicated server, what will the limit of IPs be?

Thanks

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Über Jedi
    • Lunarpages Web Hosting
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2003, 07:04:43 AM »
The Enterprise Plan offers additional features and options that will be benefilical to many of our existing customers.  

I apologize if this won't work for you, however after discussing what it would take on our side to be able to offer this, we have decided it is not feasible at this time.

At this time we have no plans on a dedicated server.  We may offer this in the future but we are still in heavy planning stages and have no reasonable time frame in mind.

Offline dizzy0113

• Galactic Royalty
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2003, 07:59:21 AM »
The Enterprise Plan offers additional features and options that will be benefilical to many of our existing customers.  

I apologize if this won't work for you, however after discussing what it would take on our side to be able to offer this, we have decided it is not feasible at this time.

At this time we have no plans on a dedicated server.  We may offer this in the future but we are still in heavy planning stages and have no reasonable time frame in mind.

Well hopefully we can figure something out before we need to use the addon domain feature with SSL because I'd rather stay with Lunar (especially after some of the pervious host we used  :x ) than have to move to another host.  Right now the only solution we have is getting another account and just having that account connect to our main accounts database.  But then we would be getting separate bills and not being able to share the bandwidth and other things.

Also, I don’t know if you can tell me, just out of curiosity, what is the difficulty in adding additional static IPs to an account:

Is it the cost of IP addresses?

Can you not add another IP based virtual host for the addon domain that points to the addon domain folder in our account?

Thanks for taking the time to address my unique issues.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Über Jedi
    • Lunarpages Web Hosting
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2003, 10:48:36 AM »
It's a limitation in cpanel.  We would have to figure out a work around and we just don't have the resources at this time to do that.  

I can tell you, though, that we are discussing it and this may be available in the future but we can't offer it yet

Offline IceCold

Kathleen - Maybe you can help me?
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2003, 11:15:02 AM »
I've emailed the addy above and not had a response and I tried calling the office, noone home.....lol.....

I would like to sign up for 2 Enterprise accounts and have a few questions.  I read where you have to sign a contract for 1 year.  Do you prepay for that amount of time? or is it pay as you go?  On bandwidth, is there a daily limit? or it just comes out of the pot for the month?  How long does it take to set the account up?  Do you do domain registeration? or do I do that elsewhere.  Would appreciate the help, I'm a bit impatient, don't mean to be, but need to know if I can sign up or try to find another web host.......thank you.

Ice

Danielle

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2003, 11:45:03 AM »
Hi Ice,

The payment options are as follows:

12 month contract - $39.95 per month, no setup fee ($479.40 payment required in a lump sum, paid annually)
6 month contract - $42.95 per month, $30.00 setup fee ($287.70 upfront plus $257.70 paid every 6 months thereafter)
3 month contract - $43.95 per month, $30.00 setup fee ($161.85 upfront plus $131.85 paid once every 3 months thereafter)
1 month contract - $44.95 per month, $30.00 setup fee ($74.95 upfront plus $44.95 monthly thereafter)

On bandwidth, there is no daily limit.

Account setup can take as little as a day depending on when you sign up online.  On the weekends, it can take until Monday to get a call activation since we call to activate accounts and telephone support is not available on the weekend (e-mail support is available 24/7, though).  Of course, since the semi-dedicated doesn't start until December 1, there is going to be a little longer of a timeline than 1 day.

We do domain registration, but it is not included in the price for hosting.  It costs $14.95 per year per domain.  You would simply indicated on the sign up that you are getting a new domain rather than a pre-existing one.

I hope this helps.

Offline blackmamba

• Pong! (the videogame) Master
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2003, 07:43:13 AM »
Hi there,
The current lunarpages shared Java/JSP add on uses Resin, I have been using Resin for the last few years and found it performed better than Tomcat (faster, less resource hungry) and would prefer to continue with it rather than switch to Tomcat, is this possible or is Tomcat the only choice?

Are there plans to change the existing shared servers over to Tomcat from Resin?

A Java/JSP Enabled Account is $10.00 per Month using Tomacat and  includes a private JVM with 64 Mb Heap per JVM

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Über Jedi
    • Lunarpages Web Hosting
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2003, 05:31:40 PM »
IceCold, I am the only one answering the enterprise emails and I have been traveling to the LA office the last few days.  I apologize for the delay but I will respond to the emails tonight.

We are migrating the accounts starting 12/1 (today) in the order in which they come in and we get account verification, etc.  This may take a few days to get everyone set up

At this time we are only offering Tomcat.  Resin may be available in the future

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Über Jedi
    • Lunarpages Web Hosting
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2003, 10:08:10 AM »
We migrated 3 accounts last night and will be moving 3 more tonight.  

Everyone who is in line to move, please be patient as we are moving slowly to be sure everything is working properly.

Offline refernet

• Trekkie
Tomcat Version
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2003, 10:28:47 PM »
What version of Tomcat are you using?