Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Mikki

• Trekkie
Hi!
« on: August 19, 2003, 05:42:00 PM »
Hi everyone!  I see that it's okay to pimp your site here so I thought I'd submit mine.  Both are new and works in progress, I hope you like them!

The first is a computer hardware review/overclocking site called The BleedinEdge at http://www.bleedinedge.com.

The second is a site dedicated to my favorite car, the Audi S2.  It's mainly just a forum.  http://www.s2forum.com

Cheers,

Mikki  :)

Offline hamburger

• hamburglar
  • Master Jedi
  • I used to be Human....2.0b
Hi!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 10:13:15 PM »
Hi,
i've looked at your computer one and you seem to have very good content, but im not so sure about grey on green :)

Offline Hush

• Über Jedi
Hi!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2003, 01:48:12 AM »
Hmmm, interesting site, was particularly interested to see an article that states you can use 1024MB or RAM with Windows 98... Hmmm, let me think... NO! The little workaround effectively cancels out 512MB of memory, and your system examples (1 with 2x256MB banks and 1 with 2x512MB banks) were rediculous. If you did the tests with 1x512MB bank followed by 2x512MB banks you would have seen there was no difference, because the Windows 98 Kernel cannot access addresses past 512MB. I suggest maybe you go through your site, looking for other incorrect and misleading articles and sort it out :!:
<- From the ashes will rise a phoenix ->

Lunarpages Web Hosting || Lunarpages Forums || Lunarpages Affiliate Program

Offline Coon

• Adi
  • Über Jedi
    • Freestyle Football
Hi!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2003, 10:34:50 AM »
Fo sho' playa, go ahead and P.I.M.P the snap out of those sites. I like the logos on both of the sites, nice work. :)
Soccer Forum - Established freestyle soccer forum!
Freestyle Football - Cool soccer freestyle videos! Must SEE!
Frisco Painting - Faux painting for Dallas, TX area.

Offline Mikki

• Trekkie
Hi!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2003, 03:48:15 PM »
human2.0, yeah, the graphics on BE are temporary, I'm currently working on improving the graphics of the site.  And I'll never liked the green to be honest...hehe... :P

Hush Computers, that guide and it's results were thoroughly tested before publishing it.  If you can prove us wrong, we would be very happy to discuss it with you... :wink:

Coon, thank you very much! :)

Offline Boris

• Master Jedi
    • http://www.phantomflow.com
Hi!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2003, 08:37:13 PM »
Arg.
Green and red seems a little too christmassy for my taste. You should do a more sober design to keep people eyes focused on the text and have them not tired at all in a couple minutes.

on the S2 site : work on the color scheme.

Otherwise than that. Works fine for me.
Questions on graphics? Visit the lunarpages Graphics forum!

Bugging Danielle daily since 2003.

Have a Lunar Day!

Offline Mikki

• Trekkie
Hi!
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2003, 02:54:35 AM »
Yes, I agree, and changes are in the work... :wink:  Can you tell me what's wrong or what you don't like about the color scheme on the S2 site?  I'm fairly satisfied with it so I want to know what's wrong.  TIA!!  :D