Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender  (Read 8179 times)

Offline 3DimensionMedia

Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
« on: August 05, 2013, 01:14:57 AM »
Hi Guys

This morning, we tried to send a few emails but we are receiving the following undelivered message. Please help!!!!!! All our domains and emails are hosted with lunarpages with main domain for the account : gonebetting.com

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

XXXX@Nedbank.co.za
SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:   host mxgw05.nedbank.co.za [168.142.192.39]: 554-mxgw05.nedbank.co.za  554 Your access to this mail system has been rejected due to the sending MTA's poor reputation. If you believe that this failure is in error, please contact the intended recipient via alternate means.

Please help urgently

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
Re: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 05:33:41 AM »
The recipients' email may be rejecting you as spam because of the "betting" in the domain name. They may have to "whitelist" your site in order to receive emails from it (usually by putting your email into their address book). In case your server (sending IP address) has ended up on a spam blacklist, you should forward the entire bounced message (with headers) to abuse@lunarpages and ask them to try to remove your server from any blacklists. In case you're actually sending the email from a different server (IP address) than your return address shows, you could look around for information on a certain record you can add (I forget the name in my old age) to give permission to do that.
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-

Offline doncht

• Intergalactic Cowboy
Re: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 08:49:13 AM »
Check out this conversation. It has the same IP on it.

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/466441-Email-rejected-due-to-poor-MTA