Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: "sender verify failed"  (Read 8474 times)

Offline Keladry

"sender verify failed"
« on: September 03, 2012, 03:11:31 AM »
Hi,

I registered on a website that requires account activation, the usual way: they send an email to the email account you registered with, and you have to click on the link within.

The emails never arrived, though, and a quick check of the delivery report in CPanel showed that the message had been rejected with the result "sender verify failed".

Is there any way I can set up my email account to always accept emails from this sender?

Thanks,
Keladry

Offline pavel

• Spacescooter Operator
Re: "sender verify failed"
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 10:34:45 AM »
If you have tried to send e-mail to a valid e-mail address and the mail comes back as being rejected, the most common causes are:

Specified address is not valid - Check your spelling. Check for extra characters on the end of the address, such as a trailing period. The last character of the address MUST ALWAYS be a letter or number and is never punctuation. (Mail to "bob@bobsbox.com." will never be delivered because of the trailing period.)

Specified address is no longer valid - Did the correspondent move? Or is it one of those addresses that only work for a limited time?

Specified mailbox is full or disabled - You need to wait or contact the mailbox holder by other means and alert them of the problem.

Mail was rejected because of its size or content - Try sending something much smaller with only text and no attachments and see if that works.

Specified mail system has been broken for an extended period of time and was unable to accept the mail in an allotted amount of time. - Try contacting the mailbox holder by other means and tell the person about the problem, or wait and try again in a day or so.

Thanks

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 02:41:35 PM »
So you are not receiving email from some other website? Does the sender have the bounces, with full headers? They can forward them to abuse@lunarpages.com and ask LP to take whatever measures are needed, such as getting your server off a spam blacklist. Whose cPanel says "rejected" -- yours or the other website's?

If your server is not blacklisted, you can try adding an email address for the sender (both From and Reply-To addresses, if different) in your email system. Sometimes that "whitelisting" will help.
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-

websky19

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 08:58:09 AM »
There are so applications to verify the sender information by  tracing the IP addresses, Google it for best results.

Offline kaliya

• Space Explorer
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 01:49:41 AM »
A and MX records seem to exit . this is probably SPAM , since coming from Argentine , but what i am wondering is why a sender verify is done despite having this option disabled.