Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Change Whois Info?  (Read 25985 times)

Offline webdiva

• Trekkie
    • http://www.webdiva4hire.com
Change Whois Info?
« on: April 14, 2012, 05:43:01 AM »
Hello :)

How do I update the whois information for domains that were purchased prior to being hosted (but are now transferred) to lunarpages?

Thanks.

Offline Hush

• Über Jedi
Re: Change Whois Info?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 05:47:57 AM »
You should find the information you need in this article from the Lunar Pages Wiki. The page is primarily about registering new domains, however, this shows you the domain management tool. This is what you will use to update your domain's details. If you need any help with it, please ask any further questions you have.  :thumb:

http://wiki.lunarpages.com/Registering_Domain_Names
<- From the ashes will rise a phoenix ->

Lunarpages Web Hosting || Lunarpages Forums || Lunarpages Affiliate Program

Offline webdiva

• Trekkie
    • http://www.webdiva4hire.com
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 09:45:40 AM »
Thanks for the link to a reference page but :( ... it didn't help. The link goes  titled "Customer Account Page" goes to a support login: https://support.lunarpages.com/login.

When I did try to use the account.lunarpages.com/ page,  manage/register domains didn't look like the example (http://wiki.lunarpages.com/Registering_Domain_Names) at all. It must make the techs crazy as well to have so many different versions of software loaded ... Anyway, I was able to change the "domain information" to be the same as the billing information, which isn't quite what I wanted ... but I'll go the route of privatizing and solve the whole issue.

Thanks for answering!

:thumb:

Offline Hush

• Über Jedi
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 09:49:29 AM »
Ahhh, out of date Wiki  duh - I know that there is definitely some updates in the works for the support Wiki. I'll let the right people know that the article on domain name management needs to be looked at.

Glad that at least you've been able to get something sorted for your domain. :smiling:
<- From the ashes will rise a phoenix ->

Lunarpages Web Hosting || Lunarpages Forums || Lunarpages Affiliate Program

Offline justin.san

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 10:55:22 PM »
Contact your registrar (registration agent) and ask them to opt you out of the WHOIS. If you do not know who

your registrar is then you can do a whoisxy.com look up to find out.

You can change the whois contact information of a domain from the domain registration control panel that registrars provide.
After changing the whois information, it may take a few hours to take affect across all whois server. You can allow 24 hours and then can check whois at whoisxy.com

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 11:01:33 PM by justin.san »

Offline veronicazora

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 04:40:18 AM »
You can manage domains registered through Web Hosting Hub in your Account Management Panel (or AMP).  Changing your registration details will modify the information that displays on a WHOIS lookup on your domain.  For help logging into AMP, please read our article on accessing your Account Management Panel.
How do I Change my Registration Details in AMP?

Once you have logged into AMP, to change your domain's WHOIS information:

1. Under "Domain Management" click on Manage Domain
   2. Next, select the domain that you want to change the WHOIS information for.
   3. Then click on "Review or change your registration details?". This will allow you to change the email address, address, and phone number of the domain.
   4. On the next screen you can make your changes.  Click Edit by the details you want to change and fill in the new information.
   5. Once the new information is added, click on Submit.

OpenSource Web Development Company

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 02:01:25 AM by veronicazora »

Offline gavind

• Spaceship Navigator
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 03:31:54 PM »
Hi. Is it already possible to change our info at whois?

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 04:22:06 PM »
Most registrars will either allow you to hide information, or use a "proxy" to put a Third Party between you and whoever is seeking your information. If you use a proxy, it will tell casual snoops to go away, but if it's a law enforcement agency or a court, they have to hand over the contact information. One thing you don't want to do is give false information -- that may even be illegal in some cases. However, it's usually possible to hide actual addresses and phone numbers.
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-