Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: How hard is it to break into the web design industry?  (Read 2209 times)

Offline karisty1

How hard is it to break into the web design industry?
« on: March 30, 2012, 01:31:24 AM »
Hello,
From the time I was eleven I've been into designing websites. Now I'm eighteen years old and looking into pursing web design as a career. I know that what I know about web design now isn't nearly enough to get a job with. Iím planning on either going to college or taking a course on web design, but before I can make this kind of choice I need to know: Is it difficult to break into the web design industry, even with proof of college or college level education and a portfolio?
Thanks

Offline lillianabe

• Spaceship Navigator
Re: How hard is it to break into the web design industry?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 05:10:13 AM »
Nothing is impossibly and hard if one gives complete dedication and show passion for learning things. In web design, your creativity would get counted which must reflect on the design you have created and no one would ask about your theoretical knowledge. So it is kind of creative field where everyone got a chance to show off skills regardless of the degree you have from any institute. At the end your work would speak behalf of you.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 05:52:05 AM by lillianabe »