Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Hiding single WP page from search engines  (Read 2394 times)

Offline martin86

• Galactic Royalty
Hiding single WP page from search engines
« on: March 14, 2012, 05:31:00 PM »
Hi Guys

I have a wordpress site which is public, and gets SEO traffic. However, I have a download page in WP which I don't want to show in the SERPS for obvious reasons. There is an option to make the page Private, but then only I can get to it by being logged in. There is a third option which is to password protect the page, which I don't really want to do either. So, how do I make the page accessible to people if I give them the link, but not having the page picked up by going, especially if people are searching for my product with the word "download".

Offline Delois

• Spaceship Captain
Re: Hiding a single WP page from search engines
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 11:10:59 PM »
If the page is already indexed in showing off in search engine, You need to add a URL removal request from webmaster tool. Follow the procedure for removing the URL from a search engine, Most of the search engine provides a way to do it. You need to block that page with use of robots.txt file or use noindex , nofollow meta tags to indicate not to index.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 10:00:30 PM by Delois »

Offline king

• Spacescooter Operator
Re: Hiding single WP page from search engines
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 04:34:15 AM »
If the page is already indexed in showing off in search engine, You need to add URL removal request from webmaster tool. Follow the procedure for removing URL from search engine, Most of the search engine provide a way to do it. You need to block that page with use of robots.txt file or use noindex , nofollow meta tags to indicate not to index.
this solution would work perfectly. you can use seo plugin to noindex the page or you may prefer to write 2 line of code on the header
Code: [Select]
<?php if( is_page('download')){echo'<meta name="robots" content="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW"/>';} ?>