Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Error with Paypal Express using Zen Cart  (Read 14848 times)

Offline Fez-o-Joe

• Trekkie
Re: Error with Paypal Express using Zen Cart
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2012, 07:42:03 AM »
Matthew, (and everyone still having this issue)

The person to CALL and chat with is: Ation Gilliam, JSAI - System Admin Team - but first ask for Harold, the Supervisor, as he knows this first hand and can get you the right help in short order.  *chuckle*  Tell him 'Joe from Fez-o-rama said...'  - that will win me over friends.  haha

From what I've gathered and had the experience with (with Griffin and Stefy - both Breeze) is that AG has to manually insert the URL's into 'something' (DNS resolver?) for the server to see an external site on the API call.  (resolv.conf perhaps?)

One thing he mentioned which bring this all back to that San Diego switch debacle, is that all the servers NOT in San Diego are fine...

I'm curious of two things - how many servers are in San Diego and why can't they task the Admin on duty with going through a check list of said servers and enter this on each one - until the other techs figure out what switch entry is causing this.

Also curious as to what exactly AG did - as the Zencart community is asking and likes to openly share knowledge of such 'stuff' so if it ever happens again - downtime (and lost sales) can be minimized.  And yes I can quantify at least $1,635 (+/-) in lost sales from my two sites.  What's LP going to do about that?  One should hope a few months of hosting at the least.

AG!!!  Let us know!!!  Or, anyone else who gets details, please post them up here!

Good luck!

Offline Fez-o-Joe

• Trekkie
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2012, 07:56:13 AM »
Ok, this is funny - just verifying a few things and in the 'Server Status' area from the normal log-in page is this:

"This morning we had an attack on ns3 and sdintdns01 that was affecting connectivity and name resolution for customers. The attack was stopped at approximately 1:45pm PST. Everything is ok and the network is now stable."

Whomever wrote that should get a spin doctor badge and a job with the government...   :yey:

Offline jacknorth

• Intergalactic Cowboy
    • JN Nexus
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2012, 08:28:19 AM »
Does anybody have a status on this. Rupurt is still not resolving the domain.

Offline Botanicaldog

• Trekkie
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2012, 08:44:20 AM »
call ...they just fixed mine...tony or harold

Offline heels4less

• Pong! (the videogame) Master
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2012, 10:11:45 AM »
Just called & asked for Harold. They told me that the problem is above Harold & that I couldn't speak with him. The 2 servers that I have sites on that are having these issues are SHIP and LEAVES. It's been 2 days now & my sites still can't use Paypal Express. This is getting old. Am I the only one who is still having issues?

Offline michael.w

• Spacescooter Operator
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2012, 10:29:14 AM »
I have a ticket and had been getting the "It's PayPal's fault" line.  I called and was able to escalate the ticket.  My hosts, gallus and leda, are both resolving correctly now.

I do believe the issue originated with PayPal.  My concern, and I voiced this to LunarPages, is that LunarPages had a work around.  I would rather hear that a work around was being applied as fast as they could rather than them pointing the finger at PayPal and dropping it.

Frankly, had they acknowledged the work around I would have been content to let my issue percolate through the online ticketing system.  But by denying that LunarPages could affect any kind of "fix" compelled me to call.

In closing, my hat's off to the tech who answered the call.  He was courteous and acknowledged the issue right away.  My complaint is with how the online ticket responses were handled prior to making that call.

Michael

Offline Botanicaldog

• Trekkie
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2012, 11:31:08 AM »
OMG..its not working again:(

Offline jacknorth

• Intergalactic Cowboy
    • JN Nexus
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2012, 01:21:45 PM »

I TO AM  HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY EXPRESS PAYPAL NOT WORKING.II HAD TO TURN IT OFF-  I AM LOSING MONEY   and I am not happy about this AT ALL--- and going on 65 error messages  :( .
I really dont understand why LP is not fixing this problem ?
I was told by PAYPAL that they did talk to LP and they know what the problem is- YET No one can fix it here ? REALLY ?????
PLEASE LP here is the fix for your end pleaseeeeeeeeee fix it -  If I could fix it I WOULD NOT ASK FOR HELP .
Ask Lunarpages to route to a different endpoint of ours.
https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvp PayPal “live” production server for use with API signatures
https://api.paypal.com/nvp PayPal “live” production server for use with API certificates

I use those endpoints already. The problem is they are not resolving to an address.

Offline jacknorth

• Intergalactic Cowboy
    • JN Nexus
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2012, 03:01:53 PM »
Looks like it is working again on rupert. Hopefully it is resolved for good. thanks

Offline Botanicaldog

• Trekkie
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2012, 03:45:59 PM »
working again for me after being intermitent :clap:

Offline heels4less

• Pong! (the videogame) Master
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2012, 04:30:39 PM »
All my sites seem to be working now.  :yey: