Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Error with Paypal Express using Zen Cart  (Read 14824 times)

Offline heels4less

• Pong! (the videogame) Master
Re: Error with Paypal Express using Zen Cart
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 01:26:49 PM »

OK... seeing the supposed 'fix' I went into the code - which by the way is hard-coded in your respective ecomm shops programming, not LP.

Made the change from the -3t to just the api. etc... and still nothing.  Then to check further - turned the modules to 'sandbox'  which uses a different set altogether.  Still failure.

So - we're back to square one.

I'm checking on the Zencart forums to see if anyone else is having an issue with their hosting verses Paypal - and armed with that, I'll be calling back or waiting.

I'll let you know.  :yikes: 

Good luck to all of us.

I have already checked the zen cart forums. Only people that are hosted on Lunarpages are getting the error. It is a server error. And only Lunarpages can fix it.

Offline HWT

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 01:57:15 PM »

I TO AM  HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY EXPRESS PAYPAL NOT WORKING.II HAD TO TURN IT OFF-  I AM LOSING MONEY   and I am not happy about this AT ALL--- and going on 65 error messages  :( .
I really dont understand why LP is not fixing this problem ?
I was told by PAYPAL that they did talk to LP and they know what the problem is- YET No one can fix it here ? REALLY ?????
PLEASE LP here is the fix for your end pleaseeeeeeeeee fix it -  If I could fix it I WOULD NOT ASK FOR HELP .
Ask Lunarpages to route to a different endpoint of ours.
https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvp PayPal “live” production server for use with API signatures
https://api.paypal.com/nvp PayPal “live” production server for use with API certificates

UPDATE - SO - LP still is saying NO MATTER WHAT THAT its Paypal problem and not theres and wont help.. Oh and no body but LP -Zencart store owners like us are are having this problems .. checked with others that have zen cart that are not with LP and they are JUST FINE... SO ITS LP.. Problem, other wise TONS OF ZEN CART FOLK WOULD BE sorry like us  :?
So I just went and turned on my Standred Paypal payment cart and it works fine..so at least I can get orders again.

Offline tamborinegal

• Space Explorer
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 01:58:59 PM »
Mine is fixed,

This is the response I got from LunarPages:

The issue was with DNS resolver and he had it corrected now. The server is using the global resolvers now and the issue should not reoccur in future. Let us know if you have any questions.

This is the response i got from PayPal to my issue:

Thank you for contacting PayPal Merchant Technical Services.

This error comes up because your DNS isn't not resolving the hostname properly.You will need to contact your server admin and ask him to run a DNS lookup from your server in order to see why its not resolving. Your Admin needs to run the following tests from your Webserver, not a local PC:

nslookup api.paypal.com

and

nslookup api.paypal.com 8.8.8.8

"Unable to resolve" means it's unable to resolve the domain name (api.paypal.com) to an IP address.
Typically, this means the nameserver you're using (on your server) does not allow non-authorative lookups, or encountered another failure.

By running the first test, we check whether a regular DNS lookup works.
If this works, the problem lies elsewhere and I would suggest reviewing the particular code within the shopping cart, to see if it possible passes any additional parameters to cURL that would make it fails DNS lookups.
If this fails, it's likely your default nameserver doesn't allow authorative DNS lookups. Either change your default nameserver, or re-configure the DNS server itself.

The second test uses a publicly accessible DNS server from Google, which may be used to test how 'other DNS servers' respond to the DNS query. If it fails with your nameserver, and works with Google's, it's likely that there's an error on your end

I hope this was helpful and if you have any further Questions, please let me know.

I don't think it's a cart issue as I am using x-cart not zen. Why would it suddenly be an issue with all cart software anyway, doesn't make sense.

Good luck to all.

Offline Botanicaldog

• Trekkie
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 02:01:49 PM »
I am using ecommercetemplates...so maybe its fixed now

Offline Botanicaldog

• Trekkie
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 02:05:46 PM »
Has any one else had a fix?

Offline tamborinegal

• Space Explorer
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 02:07:29 PM »
Vivin Jacob and Manu George are the Lunar Pages technicians that are aware of this issue. I had no joy when I phoned Lunarpages. I would put in a ticket. Lunar pages have never let me down with their ticket support.

Good luck

Offline Botanicaldog

• Trekkie
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 02:10:52 PM »
Thank you because I just checked and mine isnt fixed...so to clarify its at the LUnarpages end?

Offline Fez-o-Joe

• Trekkie
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 02:29:36 PM »
I've updated my ticket with their names, and passed on the information via phone as well...   I was told that I would be getting a call back from 'Harold' the tech supervisor before 5p Pacific.

We'll see.

And, a comical side note - they don't even read these boards...  (at least the techs that answer the phones)

Tag

Offline Botanicaldog

• Trekkie
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 02:39:15 PM »
so i take it your still down?

Offline Fez-o-Joe

• Trekkie
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 02:53:58 PM »
Oh sure...

Harold said that they now know it's an issue and that they have their techs talking with Paypal techs

AJ has a 'fix'  and is applying it to each server as requested...

He'll be by here shortly.

Good luck.

Offline HWT

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 03:31:38 PM »

I TO AM  HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY EXPRESS PAYPAL NOT WORKING.II HAD TO TURN IT OFF-  I AM LOSING MONEY   and I am not happy about this AT ALL--- and going on 65 error messages  :( .
I really dont understand why LP is not fixing this problem ?
I was told by PAYPAL that they did talk to LP and they know what the problem is- YET No one can fix it here ? REALLY ?????
PLEASE LP here is the fix for your end pleaseeeeeeeeee fix it -  If I could fix it I WOULD NOT ASK FOR HELP .
Ask Lunarpages to route to a different endpoint of ours.
https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvp PayPal “live” production server for use with API signatures
https://api.paypal.com/nvp PayPal “live” production server for use with API certificates

UPDATE - SO - LP still is saying NO MATTER WHAT THAT its Paypal problem and not theres and wont help.. Oh and no body but LP -Zencart store owners like us are are having this problems .. checked with others that have zen cart that are not with LP and they are JUST FINE... SO ITS LP.. Problem, other wise TONS OF ZEN CART FOLK WOULD BE sorry like us  :?
So I just went and turned on my Standred Paypal payment cart and it works fine..so at least I can get orders again.

UPDATE ---- ITS  FIXED  :clap: :hug: THEY CALLED to tell me and had me test it and it works THANKS LP :D

Offline Botanicaldog

• Trekkie
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2012, 03:50:23 PM »
Maybe I will be next?

Offline Fez-o-Joe

• Trekkie
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2012, 04:19:40 PM »
Maybe I will be next?

Call them - ask for AJ / AG - he can insert the DNS modification in about 2 minutes.

Mahogany and Stefy have already been done, and he said he'd look here to address some of the others...  but call them.

:hiya:

Offline heels4less

• Pong! (the videogame) Master
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2012, 04:32:06 PM »
None of my sites have been fixed. The last reply I got from Lunarpages was that it is a Paypal problem.

Offline Botanicaldog

• Trekkie
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2012, 05:00:12 PM »
I just got told again it was a paypal problem but they are transferring me to someone else  :bounce: