If you are planning to go for one, make sure that the company you have selected provides secure web hosting services. There are some basic factors that you need to keep in mind, before you opt for a particular web hosting service provider.
* Check out whether the web hosting company has dedicated servers. It is always better to go for reputed companies that have established themselves as reliable and secure hosting provider. Make sure that they have a good market experience.
* In case your web hosting company offers domain registration, make sure that they are ready to register a domain name according to your preference. In addition, verify whether the service provider has placed a cage structure on the server.
* Ask your web hosting company on what platform will they host your web site. Windows operation system, though a bit more expensive, ensures more security than Linux or any other platforms.
* A secure web hosting company will regularly monitor their server as well as their clients site for any kind of loopholes in the security measures.
* Make sure that the server of your web hosting service provider is managed and well protected by heavy duty firewalls. It needs to be more powerful that the consumer grade firewall that many people run on their personal computers.