Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Secure Hosting  (Read 12650 times)

Offline Get one

• Space Explorer
Secure Hosting
« on: June 07, 2011, 12:11:06 AM »
If you are planning to go for one, make sure that the company you have selected provides secure web hosting services. There are some basic factors that you need to keep in mind, before you opt for a particular web hosting service provider.

* Check out whether the web hosting company has dedicated servers. It is always better to go for reputed companies that have established themselves as reliable and secure hosting provider. Make sure that they have a good market experience.
* In case your web hosting company offers domain registration, make sure that they are ready to register a domain name according to your preference. In addition, verify whether the service provider has placed a cage structure on the server.
* Ask your web hosting company on what platform will they host your web site. Windows operation system, though a bit more expensive, ensures more security than Linux or any other platforms.
* A secure web hosting company will regularly monitor their server as well as their clients site for any kind of loopholes in the security measures.
* Make sure that the server of your web hosting service provider is managed and well protected by heavy duty firewalls. It needs to be more powerful that the consumer grade firewall that many people run on their personal computers.

Offline AbigailDavis

Re: Secure Hosting
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 04:57:20 AM »
I have spent days reading about this - looked at the raw logs - not quite sure though if anything is amiss in here, nothing quite like the strings that are shown in the documentation on this. I have just put up a temporary (not joomla) page for the site for now. Have deleted the index files which I should have probably not done but someone had told me they just replaced these to get their site up. I know this is not the answer though and I also want to get the site into 1.7 and having too much trouble anyway with jupgrade on my one of my sites I am testing to do this - so I will delete all and start again soon - but yes I would like to know first. I am not sure whether to pay someone if possible to look at it first as my hosting company is a bit wishy washy about this and say their server is secure! I am pretty careful having backups, had bought and installed admin tools, although had not used as I could and have now done a bit more with this, admin id, password on admin etc. I had updated all my 1.5x sites to the latest they could be. Having some real problems though with 1.7 not showing correctly also in the backend! In a world of hurt at the moment. I sooo love joomla and have enjoyed helping small business and non-profits get websites up and running but a bit scared at the moment! Any advice appreciated. I downloaded the forum tool - but not sure how this works or will it help me to find out.

promotional gifts|promotional products|promotional items

Offline Jason Martin

• Spaceship Navigator
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 11:46:12 AM »
With in few days i am going to up my site on a secure network. These days i am looking for some hosting providers. Can you please suggest me any?

Moderator: Please do not list any hosts besides Lunarpages. They are not allowed to be promoted here, and will be removed!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 03:18:39 PM by MrPhil »

Offline pavel

• Spacescooter Operator
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 12:52:38 PM »
By the way nice suggestions.

Thnaks