Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: server dood again  (Read 18243 times)

Offline authenticlime

• Pong! (the videogame) Master
    • authentic plaster fx
server dood again
« on: April 10, 2011, 01:54:07 PM »
seems yesterday my websites have come to a screaching halt .......according to someone I had look at it they say there is some type of memory leak and excessive disc usage or something......kinda weird becasue the site was running perfect now for months brring one small issue ...site was super fast no problems.

today something is seriously wrong

www.authenticplasterfx.com

also while on there 2 site backups were deleted both recent ones ...are they retrievable? at all I dont see a trash can on the new cpanel

Offline jersnav

• Space Explorer
Re: server dood again
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 04:35:16 PM »
I'm also on DOOD and have been having problems with my site since Friday afternoon.  Page load takes about 10 seconds.  I installed a mirror on a *otherhost* shared server and it is taking about 2 seconds to load.  Prior to Friday everything was fine.  Lunarpages tech support doesn't seem to think there is problem based on my emails with them since Friday. HELP!  I want to stay with Lunarpages if at all possible.  There is another guy having this same problem who posted at http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2126711&p=12982945#p12982963
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 11:21:32 PM by katrina1 »

Offline authenticlime

• authentic plaster fx
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 05:38:49 AM »
heh so far I have had 2 bs semi canned replies from support ...this is in the past 3 days......in the past any support from lunar was pretty good ...so they have been taken over ....hmmm

Yep since friday  or so I noticed my wordpress install completely slow down ...right as I was updating a theme....lots of internal server errors

so far support says nothing wrong....but it loooks like they have tweaked something ...as it is now running faster

My hosting runs out in 2 weeks here ....*otherhost* you say???I ll take a look

Thanks for the reply

would I be right in assuming mitch is gone?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 11:22:19 PM by katrina1 »

Offline authenticlime

• authentic plaster fx
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 02:53:21 PM »
the end result here was 2 weeks of back and forth rubbish from support......and a closed account...moved to new server ...and site is fast as it once was....here

Offline jersnav

• Space Explorer
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 10:32:25 PM »
The culprit seem to be the CloudLinux OS that is being installed on the shared servers like DOOD.  It really seems to slow mySQL requests way down.  Pages that loaded seemingly instantly now take 5 to 6 seconds! 

Offline jersnav

• Space Explorer
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 10:37:42 PM »
Did you move to a Lunarpages dedicated server?  Your DNS entries still are pointing to Lunarpages.
I'm willing to consider moving to a dedicated server if I know it will take care of the problem.

Offline authenticlime

• authentic plaster fx
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 07:18:36 AM »
Did you move to a Lunarpages dedicated server?  Your DNS entries still are pointing to Lunarpages.
I'm willing to consider moving to a dedicated server if I know it will take care of the problem.

nope I have had 3 2 lunar accounts 2 were shared and 1 vps ..1 now closed,this was the trouble one,switched to cloud linux....I tried the site that was having problems on pele ...runs like a top......

when they "upgrade" the other shared to cloud linux ( for all I know it may be already upgraded) ...but the site works is all I care about....when they upgrade I will close that account too

dealing with support was like pulling teeth......in the past with the only support issue I had ...it was dealt with excellent...something changed here ..too bad .

edit: prior to moving my site was loading in about 14secs  :cry:...since the move it now loads in 2 secs :yey:

edit#2

they billed my cc for $162.50 ( all this was happening just as this account was coming for renewal) I complained ...which I never do but I did .......I had the account closed and they credited my CC for $155.91.....and there was no change in the exchange rate....hrmmmm guess ya get charged $7.50 .00 for closing an account ....visa will fix it ...and yes the account was closed prior to the contract running out ...so no its not for 1 days service or something silly..
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 07:28:09 AM by authenticlime »

katrina1

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 08:49:30 PM »
All accounts are automatically renewed 14 days in advance to avoid any issues and account suspension by providing time to correct them. This is part of the terms all users must agree to prior to account activation. When canceling within 30 days of renewal, all hosting fees are refunded except domain registration and SSL which cannot be reversed and managed shared. Please check with your bank which may have taken a fee or exchange difference.

Offline authenticlime

• authentic plaster fx
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 12:33:33 PM »
Did you move to a Lunarpages dedicated server?  Your DNS entries still are pointing to Lunarpages.

nope I have had 3 2 lunar accounts 2 were shared and 1 vps ..1 now closed,this was the trouble one,switched to cloud linux....I tried the site that was having problems on pele ...runs like a top......

when they "upgrade" the other shared to cloud linux ( for all I know it may be already upgraded) ...but the site works is all I care about....when they upgrade I will close that account too

dealing with support was like pulling teeth......in the past with the only support issue I had ...it was dealt with excellent...something changed here ..too bad .

edit: prior to moving my site was loading in about 14secs  :cry:...since the move it now loads in 2 secs :yey:

edit#2

they billed my cc for $162.50 ( all this was happening just as this account was coming for renewal) I complained ...which I never do but I did .......I had the account closed and they credited my CC for $155.91.....and there was no change in the exchange rate....hrmmmm guess ya get charged $7.50 .00 for closing an account ....visa will fix it ...and yes the account was closed prior to the contract running out ...so no its not for 1 days service or something silly..

KK good stuff lunarpages...looks like server Pele has had an upgrade in the last week......site now runs like a dog just as dood did.......this will be account number 2 closed looks like you guys dont like wordpress

katrina1

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 11:04:50 PM »
Please open a new ticket, include slow url, and ask for a tech to look into it. Let me know the ticket number when done.

Offline authenticlime

• authentic plaster fx
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 07:53:08 AM »
Please open a new ticket, include slow url, and ask for a tech to look into it. Let me know the ticket number when done.

thank-you for your interest...but it is not worth the hassle I moved the troubled site ...and it again runs like a top

Offline jersnav

• Space Explorer
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 10:17:02 PM »
It is frustrating when the tech support default answer is to blame the customer.  I had same experience and am on different host with much better results and lower price.

katrina1

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 10:48:41 PM »
authenticlime Sorry to hear that. We are looking into issues and have made changes in the default setup. We continue to look into reports.

jersnav The default response is to find out why an issue is happening and to explore all possibilities. It is not meant to "blame" the customer at all.

Offline jersnav

• Space Explorer
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 11:42:51 PM »
Perhaps not, but that is how I felt none-the-less, like I was being "blamed".

Offline authenticlime

• authentic plaster fx
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 07:56:41 PM »
update: to you lunarpages ....last account just closed....you can thank the crappola tech support and there silly runaround its your fault answers...with spans of 24-40 hours inbetween replies...4 years with lunarpages ...no more