Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Web Design Question. How to make multi-page website? Tutorial needed.?  (Read 14856 times)

Offline Abhinandangarg

• Spaceship Captain
    • Web Design and Development Company
I recently learned CSS/HTML and have decided to create my own website using the other hosting company.com. Although I understand how to make my home page and the subsequent pages (such as about, contact, services) , I do not understand how to link every page to one another. Can someone help me in depth or provide some kind of tutorial online? I need a tutorial that would help me understand how to organize my folders and link them together through <a href>. Thank you.

Offline sbglobal

• Trekkie
    • Cheap SEO Services
Re: Web Design Question. How to make multi-page website? Tutorial needed.?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 04:56:46 AM »
You make another page like:  open notepad and write something on notepad and save as pk.html and upload on a webhosting.

Offline Pete

• Alien Anomaly
  • Senior Moderator
  • Professor in Nanotechnology
    • X-Visions Website Design
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 05:59:29 PM »
Sorry but this thread is just SOOOOOOOOooooooo funny.
It sounds like a joke you might hear.

I say I say I say...Did you hear the one about the two internet companies.
Website design company rep posts a question on the forum of the best webhosts around asking, 'How do I link the pages on my website together.?'

Search Engine company rep says....'Use windows notepad !!'

x-visions.com

As I'm always saying.. (But nobody listens)
"Take a step back.. Take a deep breath and see if there a simple solution there, thats hiding" lol  :DLunarpages Web Hosting   Lunarpages Forums  Lunarpages Affiliate Program

Offline 75McWebLun

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 07:27:53 PM »
I recently learned CSS/HTML and have decided to create my own website using the other hosting company.com. Although I understand how to make my home page and the subsequent pages (such as about, contact, services) , I do not understand how to link every page to one another. Can someone help me in depth or provide some kind of tutorial online? I need a tutorial that would help me understand how to organize my folders and link them together through <a href>. Thank you.

I think that is a bit easy just always remember that when you start <a href> end it with </a>. Place the url after the href like this one <a her=www.yourname.domain> then put the word you like to link it in. try to read the tutorials and you can learn more so your site will be better.
Try our free seo with seo services

Offline Anna Hussie

• Trekkie

May the person who asked this question not available but this link can help other people as well who would be reading this page.

This link can help you a lot . http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_links.asp

Offline paulsimon

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 09:03:05 PM »
You can use <a href=""/> for creating multi page website. Sometime, it's also depend on the language using for creating website. Using of keywords of targeted page in anchor tag for linking to the targetted page is really beneficial for increasing chance of get indexing on search engine. I suggest to use proper sitemap for deep pages. It is really beneficial for the  user to get back into home page easily.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:52:11 PM by KrisA »

Offline cmmartyn

Website Design
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 02:14:43 AM »
You can see on Google how to one page to another you will surely get there. You can also use a href or html tag for linking page.

Offline king

• Spacescooter Operator
You question tell me you are a newbie in web development but
Your signature tell another story, it seems to me you are asking this question in order to get ...............link

Try this on about page <a href="index.html">home</a> and <a href="service.html">service</a> and so one