Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Issues with Las Vegas nameservers - lunarservers  (Read 33011 times)

Offline guidebookdave

Re: Issues with Las Vegas nameservers - lunarservers
« Reply #180 on: June 08, 2010, 12:32:50 PM »
So far all the reports of redirects on my site have come from users of Macs system X or higher.

I've checked the site on three Windows machines running different combos of operating systems and browsers and not had a problem.

Also, my System 9 Mac has no problem.

Three Mac sys X machines all get the Swedish redirect.

Should I expect these machines to eventually see the site or is this a condition that requires a trouble ticket or other action?

Also: Is this a coincidence or are Macs more vulnerable for some reason?

I apologize if these questions are already answered above. I confess I haven't read all the 100+ posts. My site gets readers from all over the World. There is no way I could reach all of them.

Also: I am still getting email from all my accounts.

Offline physlab

« Reply #181 on: June 08, 2010, 12:48:36 PM »
I've had the same redirect problem plus other issues that might be related.  My blog is showing special characters at the end of some, but not all sentences.

I addition, I am not able to enter or edit a blog.  I have a new reinstall and yet it did not fix the problems.  Below is a list of problems my tech person was trying to resolve.  These problems began about two days ago or late on June 6th.

I still can't get the visual editor to show up.  In fact, I can't get really make any changes.  I can't add a user, can't change an existing user (your profile is where you can enable/disable the visual editor for your login), can't update a post, can't add a page... they all give a variation of the same error now that says "your attempt to (fill in the blank)... has failed, please try again".  It's like we can't make some changes to the database, but I was able to do activate and deactivate plugins.  You can do them one at a time, but not bulk.  Strange.

Offline fme

« Reply #182 on: June 08, 2010, 02:28:50 PM »
2 days ago 2 of my domain got redirected to blackinternet.. then it got fixed..

today a different domain name of mine is redirecting to blackinternet.... waiting on fix.

Looks like the people hijacking lunarpages customer isn't redirecting everything at once.. just a small portion at a time so lunarpages doesn't fix it all. Maybe tomorrow my current site gets fixed but then another one of my domain will redirect.. FUN...

Offline SkillAdvance

• Spaceship Navigator
    • Oracle, Java, Java EE Training
« Reply #183 on: June 08, 2010, 03:11:37 PM »
A thought just occurred to me - if the problem is with Las Vegas DNS servers, can't they be taken down to allow other servers to perform the poisoned servers function. That way, what happens ... etc etc. Or is that too simplistic?
JR

SkillAdvance LLC
 Web:     http://www.skilladvance.com

amy

« Reply #184 on: June 08, 2010, 03:43:35 PM »