Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Stats/Server Overload  (Read 5083 times)

Offline codenameviper

• Spacescooter Operator
Stats/Server Overload
« on: May 01, 2010, 01:51:50 PM »
I have been getting these emails a lot lately:

the cpu has been maxed out for more than a 6 hour period.  The current load/uptime line on the server at the time of this email is
11:27:55 up 26 days,  5:20,  0 users,  load average: 8.62, 31.30, 38.94

You should check the server to see why the load is so high and take steps to lower the load.  If you want stats to continue to run even with a high load; Edit /var/cpanel/cpanel.config and change extracpus to a number larger then 0 (run /usr/local/cpanel/startup afterwards to pickup the changes).

I am on a dedicated hosting plan, is this saying I need to upgrade to that mega hosting plan?

Or should I just go ahead and change extracpus, and if what do you recommend?

One last question, where exactly do I do this stuff at?  I logged on to SSH and ran /var/cpanel/cpanel.config and nothing happened. Where do I do this at, or if I do use SSH what do I need to type?

thanks

Offline JoshuaK

• Pong! (the videogame) Master
    • Check Out My Blog
Re: Stats/Server Overload
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 05:55:27 AM »
Hello,

The email you are receiving is typically caused by either backups that are running or webstats that are trying to process.  Your best course of action would be to open a ticket with the dedicated support team so that we may look at the issue closer.  Please send a copy of the email you received along with your primary domain name (so we may look up your  account) to dedicated@lunarpages.com

Kind Regards,