Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Not happy with LPCP  (Read 3589 times)

Offline kima

Not happy with LPCP
« on: February 25, 2010, 10:18:37 PM »
I've got three seperate accounts hosted at lunarpages and everything seemed to be good. A good friend asked me to build their site recently and I brought lunarpages a new client aboard.

Well, he buys his plan (the same as my three) and lunarpages gives him LPCP instead of the old CP  :(

Later we see that lunarpages is now charging $2 extra per month for the old CP  :-? But is says all of the Free Web Scripts are included  :-?

I'd really hate to have to move these four accounts, but LPCP isn't working for me and nor is another $24 per year!

Can someone in lunarland click some buttons and fix this for my friend?

Pretty please  :?

katrina1

Re: Not happy with LPCP
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 02:41:19 AM »
Please understand we have to license Cpanel from a 3rd party and those costs have gone up. We have created our own control panel both to help with costs and to be able to provide support for items customers have requested such as support for innodb, separate mysql and email servers, etc. With our own control panel we can modify it as needed to respond to conditions and customer needs. It is improving constantly with many improvements quite recently.

This issue is not something that can be handled in our forums. These forums are for users to help other users with site design, scripting, etc. and not for official support.

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
Re: Not happy with LPCP
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 08:08:39 AM »
What are your specific problem(s) with LPCP? It is still something of a "work in progress", but most of what you can do with a cPanel account can be done one way or another with LPCP. I understand that it is still being developed, and more capabilities are being added on a frequent basis.

Instead of just griping that it's not cPanel, tell us what specific things you are unable to do, and someone should be able to tell you how to do it in LPCP (or a workaround). There may be a few things that can't be done one way or another, and if LP can't guarantee that they'll be available soon, you may want to leave.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 01:16:18 PM by MrPhil »
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-