Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Connecting to a Database in LPCP  (Read 4332 times)

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
Connecting to a Database in LPCP
« on: February 16, 2010, 10:06:19 AM »
This question seems to be coming up a lot lately, so to give MrPhil a break  :yey: I decided to do a little more specific pontificating on the topic via the Lunarpages web hosting wiki.  You can find all the details you need here:

How to Connect to MySQL and PostgreSQL Databases in LPCP

Hope it comes in handy!

:D
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline lexhair

• Galactic Royalty
Re: Connecting to a Database in LPCP
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 12:58:03 PM »
Nice but it doesn't clear up why everyone (including me) can't figure out what the appropriate db username should be.

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 01:17:16 PM »
That should be here:

http://wiki.lunarpages.com/Create_and_Delete_MySQL_Users_in_LPCP

Should be prefix_usernameyoucreate

Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 01:24:09 PM »
This might also be a good time to bring up the point that if you see anything missing or not mentioned or something you would like to see mentioned in a better way, let me know and I'll do my best to get it in the web hosting wiki.  :thumb:

http://wiki.lunarpages.com

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 02:49:36 PM »
Every time someone asks how to connect to their database, they're trying to use an IP address or they're giving "@servername" in the username field. I don't know where they're coming up with these bizarre notions, but you should extend your wiki entry to show exactly what all the fields should look like (hostname, user name, and database name).

This question seems to be coming up a lot lately, so to give MrPhil a break  :yey:

Thanks! My fingers were getting tired...
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 04:48:32 AM »
you should extend your wiki entry to show exactly what all  the fields should look like (hostname, user name, and database name).

Just added a second section to this post to help explain those details:

http://wiki.lunarpages.com/Connecting_to_Databases_in_LPCP

:thumb:

Offline lexhair

• Galactic Royalty
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 07:35:27 AM »
you should extend your wiki entry to show exactly what all  the fields should look like (hostname, user name, and database name).

more better....

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 08:15:18 AM »

more better....

You are welcome! :)  :D  I'm here to help!