Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Wordpress and LPCP not connecting to DB  (Read 7897 times)

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
Re: Wordpress and LPCP not connecting to DB
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 09:48:45 AM »
So @Mitch, why does "Hostname" (containing the IP address) have an editable field, if it shouldn't ever be changed? That was a pretty dumb move by whoever designed the form. If you want to display the IP address but not allow the user to change it, just output it as text. Are there any circumstances where the user should be able to change this field? If not, don't make it changeable! If there are very rare instances, it should be a "readonly" entry field, with a button or switch somewhere else on the page to remove/replace the "readonly" attribute. That will discourage most users from casually changing the IP address.
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
Re: Wordpress and LPCP not connecting to DB
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 11:00:14 AM »
Well, I don't have any input on the design of how it works or how it looks, however if anybody finds it annoying, has an idea or maybe even a better way I would highly suggest sending in an e-mail to feedback@lunarpages.com so the feedback team can relay the message back to the developers. 
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!