Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: How do you like my logo site?  (Read 2685 times)

Offline ichsie

• Sky Marshal
  • Pong! (the videogame) Master
    • Make A Website
How do you like my logo site?
« on: December 23, 2009, 07:59:01 PM »
<non-Lunar Pages hosting> was done over 1 year ago when I was still learning to design. Looked pretty then but not quite so now.

What do you guys think? Love the collection?  :bounce:

<comment: Removed because not LP-hosted, but comments below might be useful to others. Also, I'll bet many of these logos are trademarks and cannot legally be collected on a site like this. -- Mod.>
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 07:00:32 AM by MrPhil »
I keep a web development journal as well as a web hosting one.

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
Re: How do you like my logo site?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 05:10:13 AM »
Very nice, I like it.  Only suggestion that comes to mind is you might get rid of or shrink the "Tool box" at the top - kinda looks out of place having all that white space to the left of it.  (Maybe make it float to the right instead?) Other than that though, really interesting resource!  :thumb:
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline scanman20

• Senior Moderator
  • Über Jedi
    • http://www.notonebit.com
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 07:34:04 AM »
Hey Mitch, maybe you're like me and using Firefox with Adblock which causes the space. If you use IE you'll see that the gaping white space is actually a chunk of Google ads. On a 23 inch monitor the narrowness of this site looks anorexic. I like the cleanness of the site, but I'd find a different way to place ads. Also, the search box is buried at the bottom of the page where people wont see it unless the scroll all the way down. Plus you can now integrate Google search on your site in a way that integrates more cleanly than what you're using.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
NotOneBit.com
MCSE - MCSA - MCP (<- unused since 2006!)

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 07:41:19 AM »
Ah ha! Thanks scanman20!

In that case, I would suggest making the width of the page a little wider, and run a vertical sky scrapper ad, floating to the left.  Better placement (in my opinion) and your not shoving content out of the main viewing area.  I also agree the search box should be moved around the top-right of the page, and maybe use http://addthis.com/ for your tools instead.
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!