Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Importing database from cPanel to LPCP  (Read 4072 times)

Offline becatel

• Pong! (the videogame) Master
Importing database from cPanel to LPCP
« on: November 28, 2009, 03:03:48 PM »
Hi guys,

When migrating a database from CP to LPCP, do I need to change to host from localhost to lpsql01.lunariffic.com? besides that is there anything I need to do or there's more to it than just changing host names?

thanks,

B

Offline RichardRay

• Spaceship Navigator
Re: Importing database from cPanel to LPCP
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 03:08:05 PM »
If you are migrating from a server using cPanel as the hosting control panel to a server using LPCP as the hosting control panel, you would need to update your script configurations to use "lpsql01.lunariffic.com" as the MySQL host instead of "localhost", since the databases are stored on a separate server on LPCP servers.

If you need to migrate the actual databases, you can simply create the databases in LPCP > MySQL Manager, then import them using phpMyAdmin.  When you login to phpMyAdmin, you would click the database name on the left side, then click the "Import" tab at the top.  Here, you can select the .sql file from your local computer to import from.

Other than this, you should not need to make any changes to the configuration of your scripts in regards to connecting to the databases.
Lunarpages Web Hosting
Lunarpages Affiliate Program
FAQs | Tutorials | LP Glossary

Telephone: 1-714-521-8150
24 hour Network Status Line: 1-562-697-8106
Fax: 1-714-521-8195

Offline becatel

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 03:28:02 PM »
Thanks Richard. On that note, Do i need to create a database in LPCP then imported from CP or can I imported to LPCP directly without creating a new database first?

Also, the SQL dump of the CP database says host: localhost. Do I change that to: lpsql01.lunariffic.com ?

Cheers,

Bernie

Offline RichardRay

• Spaceship Navigator
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 03:55:48 PM »
Hi Burnie,

You would need to first create the database in LPCP under the "MySQL Manager", as phpMyAdmin doesn't have privileges to create new databases.  Once you have created the database in LPCP, you can use phpMyAdmin to import/export to the database and otherwise manage it using the interface.

In regards to using sql dump, you would need to use localhost to store the database copy on your hosting account, then download the database backup and import it on your new account through phpMyAdmin.
Lunarpages Web Hosting

Offline becatel

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 04:19:11 PM »
Thanks Richard, I will give it a try to see how we go

Offline RichardRay

• Spaceship Navigator
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 04:22:11 PM »
You're welcome.

If you do encounter any issues with the migration using phpMyAdmin, we'd be more than happy to help or through the Helpdesk at support@lunarpages.com or https://support.lunarpages.com/
Lunarpages Web Hosting

Offline marissa

• Trekkie
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 12:57:02 AM »
Database and E-mail Backups: The LPCP interface does not (at this time) backup MySQL databases or e-mails. E-mails should be backup via downloading them to...

Thanks for the information, and i hope it can helps ..