Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Password Protect Directories in LPCP Tutorial  (Read 2811 times)

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
Password Protect Directories in LPCP Tutorial
« on: November 20, 2009, 04:31:27 AM »
Here is another tutorial I know a lot of people have been asking for, ever since we started rolling the LPCP control panel out to the public.  Password protecting your folders is something every great control panel should let you do, and we now have that option from within LPCP and it is a really simple and straight forward process.  

What happens when you want to setup a folder that has secret information in it, and you want to make sure only a select group of people have access to what is in that directory? You can simply set up password protection for that folder, so anybody you give a user name and password to can access that folder in question.

Read more on the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki:

Hope you enjoy this innovative way of putting a padlock on your folders from within your Lunarpages web hosting account.  Remember, the web hosting wiki is packed full of information, to help you.  If there is ever something missing, or something you'd like to see mentioned there - let me know, and I'll do my best to get it in for you.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 05:34:03 AM by Mitch »
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!