Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: "Happy.lunarbreeze.com" Email Server Issues  (Read 5599 times)

Offline sa999sa

• Space Explorer
"Happy.lunarbreeze.com" Email Server Issues
« on: October 22, 2009, 04:50:23 AM »
Dear sir,
We are facing severe mail server issues for IMAP, SMTP. We were getting this "Timeout" error from the past week but today was worst. Only 45-60 Min of mail in working condition.
When IMAP goes to Not responding, webmail also does the same. they whole energies are consumed on administrator what this is some server issue. We have been using email from 2 different location, a whole other country, but the error occurs same time same situation..
Can somebody help? :?
Ticket ID is 1621408

waiting..

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
Re: "Happy.lunarbreeze.com" Email Server Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 04:52:27 AM »
These forums are not for server side support, so there isn't going to be much we can do - however you did take a step in the right direction by contacting support.  They should be more than happy to review the situation at hand, and get back to you on how you can get fixed back up.  :thumb:
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline lexhair

• Galactic Royalty
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 12:33:32 PM »
I just got a 400 email ding from support and I'm on Happy. I've never got that before. No scripts running. Error logs show nothing. I've got a handful of scripts (none of which were running) and 2 active email accounts on my domain.

Perhaps a hack job.

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 12:56:10 PM »
Uh oh, yeah I would recommend logging in via the control panel's file manager or FTP and check for anything that could have been installed without your knowledge.  Also be sure to contact the support team so they can help you out as well.

Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline lexhair

• Galactic Royalty
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 12:57:41 PM »
Uh oh, yeah I would recommend logging in via the control panel's file manager or FTP and check for anything that could have been installed without your knowledge.  Also be sure to contact the support team so they can help you out as well.
Somehow one of my cron jobs got farked up so instead of running every month, it was running every minute!!! Fixed that.

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 01:00:18 PM »
Ah ok, well that is definitely better news than what I had in mind.  Happy to hear it was something easily fixable.

Offline lexhair

• Galactic Royalty
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 01:12:57 PM »
Ah ok, well that is definitely better news than what I had in mind.  Happy to hear it was something easily fixable.
Me, too. I don't like being a bad neighbor. Now I've got a strike against me in the big support scorecard.  :(

I set up a new cron this morning and for some reason, the first cron job's minute entry went from 13 to *. Not sure how it happened but I blew the mail server apart until I tracked it down. Fortunately, it only took a couple of minutes to check the returned email headers, figure out what script it was and realize the cron had gone haywire.

Offline MarkCale aka Madscape

• Spaceship Navigator
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 11:56:33 PM »
keep checks on the cron settings time to time for now to see if any trends in any kind of resetting of your settings, also check your mailing cron setting make sure that the throttle is set properly and not causing any kind of overriding on the cron as well. since they apparently should work hand in hand but depending on the run environment the script was designed it may not like the settings and cause an issue.
Forum Lurker and Former Galactic Tekkie, mostly a jack of trades and master of none!  Mark H. Cale