Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Having a bit of trouble finding paths.  (Read 3753 times)

Offline Chaos Dragon

• Spaceship Captain
Having a bit of trouble finding paths.
« on: October 14, 2009, 09:33:06 PM »
Hello,
  I am trying to find paths to set up a script.
And one of the paths are for JRE. This is what is has in the install directions:
 In Red5.sh Set the value for JAVA_HOME variable. It should be the path to the folder where JRE is installed. For example:
JAVA_HOME=/opt/ray_server/jre1.x;

How would I find this path. I looked everywhere I could using cPanle and also SSH well at least what I know of SSH at this point.
I just moved to a dedicated yesterday. Got the feel of WHM a bit still need to figure things out....lol
Any who how do I find the path to JRE or other runtime enviroment.
Any Help would be appreciated.

Offline perestrelka

• Master Jedi
Re: Having a bit of trouble finding paths.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 03:26:38 AM »
Greetings Chaos Dragon,

Did you install JRE on the server? If JDK was installed by Lunarpages support, the path is usually /usr/java/[jdk_name]/jre, where jdk_name is the name specific to JDK version. If you didn't install it as well as Lunarpages support didn't do so (as this is being done by special request), your server does not have JRE installed.
Kind Regards,
Vlad Artamonov

Offline Chaos Dragon

• Spaceship Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 10:49:32 AM »
No I didn't install JRE. Can I install JRE myself or must I have LP do it? I didn't request it either cause during the set up process and them asking me this and that I forgot to mention about JRE. So then it is possible I don't have JRE.
And now that I have gotten this answer I'll probably get in contact with support today on this issue. I'll Post here with the results though. If there is no reply from me when you read this then I didn't get the chance to call or submit a ticket.
Thank You for your Reply perestrelka.
I did run this using SSH (PuTTy) find / -name java -print 2>/dev/null That is why I asked the question....

Update: I got a hold of support and got the information I was looking for and then some.
Again Thank You perestrelka for your reply.
Now a step closer.....lol

« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 10:52:54 PM by Chaos Dragon »

Offline perestrelka

• Master Jedi
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 08:30:09 PM »

Just wanted to add, that you are free to install JRE on your server, if you want that.
Kind Regards,
Vlad Artamonov