Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: *All* email to Yahoo getting bounced  (Read 10357 times)

Offline LunarUser123

• Pong! (the videogame) Master
*All* email to Yahoo getting bounced
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:26:22 AM »
Whenever I attempt to send an email to *ANY* Yahoo user, I get the following error:

"SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
   host g.mx.mail.yahoo.com [209.191.118.103]: 421 4.7.0 [TS02] Messages from 67.210.98.215 temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.56.1; see http://postmaster.yahoo.com/421-ts02.html:
   retry timeout exceeded"

One of two things always happen:
1) Either the message is retried for 72 hours, then fails, as above
2) I get NO notification whatsoever, and the message simple never arrives at the Yahoo recipient.

I need to repeat that NO messages whatsoever to any Yahoo user are arriving, which is a gigantic problem as it impacts my work.  :cry:
This has only started happening in the last couple of weeks, and was perfectly fine before that.  :-?

Yahoo is refusing to do anything to solve this.  :( So what steps does Lunarpages need to take, or do I need to put more pressure on Yahoo to take, to get to the bottom of this ASAP?  :?

(It goes without saying that I do not, nor have I ever, sent spam from my account. I am on a shared server)

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
Re: *All* email to Yahoo getting bounced
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 10:51:42 AM »
I would suggest you send full e-mail headers to abuse@lunarpages.com, and they can investigate this for you.
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline lexhair

• Galactic Royalty
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 11:13:18 AM »
Whenever I attempt to send an email to *ANY* Yahoo user, I get the following error:

"SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
   host g.mx.mail.yahoo.com [209.191.118.103]: 421 4.7.0 [TS02] Messages from 67.210.98.215 temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.56.1; see http://postmaster.yahoo.com/421-ts02.html:
   retry timeout exceeded"

One of two things always happen:
1) Either the message is retried for 72 hours, then fails, as above
2) I get NO notification whatsoever, and the message simple never arrives at the Yahoo recipient.

I need to repeat that NO messages whatsoever to any Yahoo user are arriving, which is a gigantic problem as it impacts my work.  :cry:
This has only started happening in the last couple of weeks, and was perfectly fine before that.  :-?

Yahoo is refusing to do anything to solve this.  :( So what steps does Lunarpages need to take, or do I need to put more pressure on Yahoo to take, to get to the bottom of this ASAP?  :?

(It goes without saying that I do not, nor have I ever, sent spam from my account. I am on a shared server)
Happens to me on segonax every 6 months or so. Frustrating.

Offline LunarUser123

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 11:17:03 AM »

How do you resolve it when it happens, and how long does it typically last?

Does the solution come from Lunarpages or Segonax?

Offline wektech

• Master Jedi
    • Yuma Arizona Information
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 03:19:03 PM »
I am seeing the same issue on the lotan server. From what I can see although the LP servers are submitting the messages repeatedly, Yahoo rejects them all with the temporarily deferred. Eventually the server will reach the max retrys for the message and give up.

Yahoo is known for making servers repeatedly send messages to prove they are legit, but in the past they would eventually accept and deliver. Now it seems to be they just refuse the message even though they tell the server to try again later. This is one of the reasons that so many webmasters are refusing to accept yahoo addresses because this problem is so prevalent.

Offline lexhair

• Galactic Royalty
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 09:23:46 AM »

I drop a ticket and try to work with the Yahoo postmaster. Yahoo always tells me they won't do anything since it's a shared IP but within a day or so, mail is getting through. Also happened with Comcast, but Comcast was really good working with me and we got whitelisted pretty quickly.

Offline LunarUser123

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 01:31:55 PM »

I drop a ticket and try to work with the Yahoo postmaster. Yahoo always tells me they won't do anything since it's a shared IP but within a day or so, mail is getting through. Also happened with Comcast, but Comcast was really good working with me and we got whitelisted pretty quickly.

I still have no solution whatsoever. I am unable to send messages to Yahoo. Lunarpages has not responded yet.

:cry:

I can't believe no one else has had this problem?

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 02:48:41 AM »
Did you contact abuse@lunarpages.com?  If so, give me your ticket number and I'll see if this is being looked into.  Usually this type of thing can take a few days to work out, because we are having to wait on the responses from Yahoo too.

Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline LunarUser123

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 03:03:38 AM »
Did you contact abuse@lunarpages.com?  If so, give me your ticket number and I'll see if this is being looked into.  Usually this type of thing can take a few days to work out, because we are having to wait on the responses from Yahoo too.

I contacted abuse@lunarpages.com, but did not receive any response, so no ticket number.

I contacted support@lunarpages.com and received a response saying they are working on it, with a ticket number of 1566118

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 03:54:02 AM »
Alright, looks like the issue has been sent over to our abuse team, so the proverbial ball should be in motion to getting this resolved as quickly as possible.  Thanks!

Offline boomrbu

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 05:37:57 PM »
I too am having this difficulty.  I only send out messages to Yahoo a couple times a week, but they're to students that need to know when to come for their lessons.  It's a bummer!  I've put in a trouble ticket, too, but no response. Any status updates?
Corey

Offline boomrbu

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 05:39:22 PM »
Oh!  Forgot to mention I'm on kapo.lunarmania.com--67.210.98.195

Offline LunarUser123

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2009, 04:33:26 AM »
After a very brief period of about 12 hours in which emails to Yahoo were going through through fine, I am back to a state where all messages to Yahoo are being rejected.

:cry:

Thank you for continuing to investigate this problem. Yahoo is telling me they will do nothing from their end. Maybe they will respond to Lunarpages.

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2009, 06:11:40 AM »
Happy to help.  Yes, as mentioned above (might have been missed by some) the best course of action would be to put in a help desk ticket to our abuse desk or e-mail abuse@lunarpages.com directly with a summary of your situation, your account's primary domain name, and e-mail headers that are verifying the error in question.  Then we can work with Yahoo or any other provider to see what the problem is, so we can get everything back to normal.

Offline LunarUser123

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 11:35:44 PM »
Happy to help.  Yes, as mentioned above (might have been missed by some) the best course of action would be to put in a help desk ticket to our abuse desk or e-mail abuse@lunarpages.com directly with a summary of your situation, your account's primary domain name, and e-mail headers that are verifying the error in question.  Then we can work with Yahoo or any other provider to see what the problem is, so we can get everything back to normal.

Thanks. I've already filed a ticket with support@lunarpages.com (ticket number is above, but repeated here 1566118), and my email to abuse@lunarpages.com received no response, so no ticket number.

This problem is still happening right now. I am still unable to send any email to Yahoo users as I type this.