Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: How to set-up a forwarding email account in LPCP  (Read 3312 times)

Offline creativegirl

• Spaceship Navigator
How to set-up a forwarding email account in LPCP
« on: August 06, 2009, 05:20:26 AM »
Okay I set-up a new hosting account for a client and this is the first time I have ever run into the new LPCP account manager.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to set-up a forwarding email account for a client.  It lets me set-up an email account, but I have to give it a password and so I do not know how to make it just be a forwarding one.  I really could use some help because there is no HELP link or anything within this area to even refer to.

I must say if this is the future of LP administrative control for new accounts, i'm not sure I'll keep using you guys for new clients.

Why fix what isn't broken.  cpanel was great, easy to use and understand even for a novice.  Any client that I have who isn't web-savvy will be totally lost with this new format.

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
Re: How to set-up a forwarding email account in LPCP
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 08:37:01 AM »
Hello, sorry for the delay - was just waiting to get an official word on this.  Basic straight-forward forwards are a new feature that will soon come to LPCP.  In the mean time, you can follow these steps to set one up:

1. create e-mail address
2. click the edit link next to the e-mail address
3. put e-mail address in text box marked "forwards"
4. save

Going to play around with this on my own account soon, and then you can expect to see wiki documentation to follow. :D

Thanks!
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
Re: How to set-up a forwarding email account in LPCP
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 04:06:27 AM »
Got the official setup tutorial here:

How to Setup E-mail Forwarders in LPCP
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!