Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Magento- Update php version  (Read 13442 times)

Offline eseel

Magento- Update php version
« on: July 18, 2009, 10:37:38 AM »
I tried to install Magento shopping cart but the php version needed to run the application is 5.2.  How do I go about updating my php version?  Thanks.

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
Re: Magento- Update php version
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 01:58:59 PM »
Magento needs a version of the database which is not available on shared servers. Do a search on Magento (over all of Lunarforums). Are you on a VPS or dedicated? If so, you should be able to install the correct levels of MySQL and PHP yourself.

On a shared server, if your cPanel has an "enable PHP 5" button, just click it to switch to PHP 5.2.x. Note that cPanel will still claim to be PHP 4.4.9. You need to run
Code: [Select]
<?php phpinfo(); ?>to confirm the PHP level that you're actually at. Sometimes you need to disable PHP 5 and re-enable it via cPanel if it doesn't "take" the first time.
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-

Offline jordannils

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 12:06:15 AM »
Thanks,
 i will try your solution as i was facing the problem with MAgento and PHP.
I will tell you the updates.

katrina1

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 02:31:38 AM »
Magento also requires support for innodb which we do not have on our Cpanel servers. Our LPCP servers not only provide support for innodb but also have an auto-installer for Magento in WebApps. You may request a server move by emailing support@lunarpages.com

Offline ankizaptech

• Magento Developer
    • Magento Development India
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 03:33:17 AM »
To change the PHP version for your account, you have to follow these steps. Go to cPanel, File Manager and choose "Web Root (public_html/www)". There create a new file (or edit the existing one) called .htaccess and add the following line:

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php52 .php .php5 .php4 .php3

This setting will apply recursively to all of the subdirectories. In case you'd like to have a different version of PHP in a subdirectory, create a new .htaccess file in it with the directive for the desired PHP version in it.

Offline manuna

• magento developer
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 06:24:19 AM »
thx, MrPhil. It worked for me. Thx for sharing.