Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: squeezingby.com  (Read 2829 times)

Offline wektech

• Master Jedi
    • Yuma Arizona Information
squeezingby.com
« on: June 16, 2009, 09:51:51 AM »
I am working on a community driven money savings tips website. The idea is that with the economy the way it is that people can share their tips on how they squeeze by. Anyhow, I would appreciate any feedback you might offer on improving the site. http://squeezingby.com

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
Re: squeezingby.com
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 04:07:39 AM »
Very cool, already found a few tips I want to try out.  :thumb:  Like it a lot!
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline angelad

• Trekkie
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 10:27:23 AM »
I am working on a community driven money savings tips website. The idea is that with the economy the way it is that people can share their tips on how they squeeze by. Anyhow, I would appreciate any feedback you might offer on improving the site. http://squeezingby.com

I think color combo could use some work, and I would change your fonts to something a bit smaller and cleaner.  May be insert some tables for better layouts too.  

Offline Brennie369

• Galactic Royalty
    • Brennie's Dreamscape & Spiritual Inspirations
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 08:40:22 AM »
Hi, I am going to offer honest feedback because that is what I wanted when I posted my site. For me personally, I find it way too busy. I never stay on sites where I have to put too much effort to find out what the site's about & where/how I can get to the "meat & potatos", so to speak.

I also agree about the font size. The largeness of it gives the site an amateurish feel (for me).

The logo could use some refinement. It's got jagged edges (not sure what the graphic term is for that). It looks like it's a different size & then stretched to make it look bigger. Maybe try combining the "Squeezing By" logo & the "squeezingby.com Tips & Tricks" into one logo image so they have matching backgrounds & give the site a more uniform look.

I also agree about the color palette. The background color doesn't really match with the gradient colors you're using in the boxes, & the blue link colors don't seem to fit either. Since the topic of the site is money, maybe create a palette with a color that's more green (as opposed to yellow, yellow-green & teal), with a good contrast color.

Just my two cents.  :D