Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Problem with Flash-PHP-MYSQL  (Read 7140 times)

Offline geroglifico

Problem with Flash-PHP-MYSQL
« on: April 13, 2009, 09:29:16 PM »
Hi thanks in advance to anyone who can give me a hand here. I have a flash website and I'm adding to a database through php, I'm sending the data in flash with sendandload function.

Locally everything works perfect. I just uploaded my files to the server and created the database and the connection between flash and the php file seems to be failing. I'm saying the connection because if I check the php directly it does add to the database but obviously blank fields since there no data going through, but when I do it through flash nothing happens, not working.

I hope I made myself clear, any help would be really appreciated.

Buzz

Offline imnewbie

• FILWL
  • Pong! (the videogame) Master
  • Fall in love with ... (seeking)
Re: Problem with Flash-PHP-MYSQL
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 09:44:52 PM »
You should try to check the post at flash (get by $_POST) and php is same or not, if run php direct work, and throught flash not work, then try to check name of form at flash and something like that. I cannot made this more clear without look at your code and flash scripts. But try my suggests.

Offline geroglifico

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 09:49:36 PM »
Hi thanks for reply, yeah I already checked all the names of files and forms and everything is in order, like I mentiones before it does work fine locally in my computer with apache and mysql, its just in the server that flash can't talk to the php file. I thought in the embedded html code of the swfobject adding the param('allowScriptAccess', 'always'); would fix it but still no luck.

I dont know if I need to change permissions in files or what.

Offline imnewbie

• FILWL
  • Pong! (the videogame) Master
  • Fall in love with ... (seeking)
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 09:56:35 PM »
Hi thanks for reply, yeah I already checked all the names of files and forms and everything is in order, like I mentiones before it does work fine locally in my computer with apache and mysql, its just in the server that flash can't talk to the php file. I thought in the embedded html code of the swfobject adding the param('allowScriptAccess', 'always'); would fix it but still no luck.

I dont know if I need to change permissions in files or what.
I dont think you have to change permissions. Default, permissions set all yes to read, write for local scripts.

I'm wondering if you used full link (http://www.yoursite.com/yourpath/yourfile.php) instead of use short link ( /yourpath/yourfile.php or ../yourfile.php)  is there anything wrong with mysql connect?

Offline geroglifico

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 09:58:33 PM »
Hi thanks for help, I managed to fix it by changing permissions in my connect.php, insert.php and my swf file and now it work fine.

Again thank you very much for the help.

Buzz

Offline liszt

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 05:36:31 PM »
sorry to bother you,

i'm having the same problem, the swf file works fine on my machine but when i put it up, it doesn't get nothing and i can see the status bar saying waiting XXXXX.com.

i tried to change the permission, but that doesn't work neither

could you teach me how to solve that problem? :help: