Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: May i present the new and more awesome blueglue.us!  (Read 2581 times)

Offline Radeon

• Blueglue.us Webmaster
  • Galactic Royalty
    • Blueglue.us
May i present the new and more awesome blueglue.us!
« on: March 21, 2009, 08:23:57 AM »
Ahem... My new layout for Blueglue.us is now up and running and its so awesome! But i would like to get some things out before i show it to you. First...

I have played around alot on this layout and worked on it for nearly 7-8 month but i have for some reason used positioning on the entire body, so you will see the website out of place if you use any out dated resolutions such as 1024x768.

And i had two things that i didnt have time to include before i released the new website, overlib and entropy banners...

But the site is as i said up and running, so what do you think?  :D

http://www.blueglue.us/index.html
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 05:09:41 AM by Radeon »
Excuses and woman are equaly tiring...

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
Re: May i present the new and more awesome blueglue.us!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 03:31:32 AM »
Looking good!  :thumb:
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline Radeon

• Blueglue.us Webmaster
  • Galactic Royalty
    • Blueglue.us
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 05:06:41 AM »
Thanks  :smiling:

Offline MNM

• Galactic Royalty
  • Hosted on server: TYR
    • Mardian Natural Medicine
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 02:17:56 PM »
I use 1280x1024 resolution and the site is partially blocked when I have my sidebar on.
So basically I have to do sideways scrolling or close the sidebar. The problem is that there is lots of free space and I should not have to scroll.

I also notice this on your site...

This website is best viewed with screen resolution 1280*720 or higher. Your current resolution is 1280*1024. If possible, please change the resolution!

Asking your visitors to change resolution is a big deal, I would suggest you remove that and try to tweak your site instead.

I like the look though  :thumb:

Offline Radeon

• Blueglue.us Webmaster
  • Galactic Royalty
    • Blueglue.us
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 03:53:11 PM »
Glad you liked it! I worked really hard on the layout, but this Sidebar you are talking about... Is it in your browser or the OS? I'm just guessing but if its anything like IE Favorites you should be able to size it down just a bit...

And yeah i agree that message is annoying, but i will keep it as it is just a suggestion atleast untill i found a solution for this.  :D

Offline MNM

• Galactic Royalty
  • Hosted on server: TYR
    • Mardian Natural Medicine
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 08:41:58 AM »
Its the firefox sidebar

Honestly though, if I had not talked to you here and just surfed into your site I would have left because I could not read a thing without sideways scrolling.

Then imagine on top of that the author of the site asking you to change screen resolution. What are the odds of anyone messing with their system setting just to view a site.

I only know html and don't know much about other ways of making websites but I sure liked using tables and setting them to the desired screen width. Lets say something like 80% of the screen.

I'm not sure why you have your limitations and the only point I'm trying to make is that the average user will consider it too much work and click to the next site. Of course your hard core fans will stay until you find a fix.

Offline Radeon

• Blueglue.us Webmaster
  • Galactic Royalty
    • Blueglue.us
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 01:00:24 PM »
MNM I dont know why but everytime i read your last post it feels like i getting punched in the stomach! Did you even read my first post?