Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Has Abell transfer begun already?  (Read 404 times)

Offline FORDification

• Trekkie
    • FORDification.com - The '67-'72 Ford Pickup Resource
Has Abell transfer begun already?
« on: December 01, 2008, 08:24:17 PM »
I received an e-mail today from Lunarpages stating that the Abell server would be moved on Wednesday Dec. 3. However, I just received a late-night phone call from a customer wondering why his website is showing content that hasn't been on there for more than a year! I logged on to discover the same thing. Confused, I attempted to connect with my FTP client and see that while all the files there are the newest versions, it's the older versions that are showing online....and not with just the customer's site, but also all the sub-domains.

I'm assuming this has to do with the server move, with Lunarpages using a 16-month-old backup in the meantime...even though this wasn't supposed to happen for two more days. How long before things are back to normal?
FORDification.com - The '67-'72 Ford Pickup Resource
OLDSmobility.com - The '67 Oldsmobile Cutlass/442 Resource

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
Re: Has Abell transfer begun already?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 06:07:17 AM »
Sorry to hear you have had problems.  No work has yet started for the Abell server.  With server side issues like this, it would be best to contact support@lunarpages.com to discuss the issue one on one with our support crew. 
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!