Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: New affiliate questions...  (Read 2981 times)

Offline hummerton

New affiliate questions...
« on: July 28, 2008, 12:24:06 PM »
Hello all ;-)

I did email affiliates@lunarpages.com on Friday, but no response yet so I thought I would check here..

I am thinking of joining as an affiliate. I currently refer 20+ clients to Hostican per month, but their tech support is horrible and their support reflects on me and my company now too... and I can't have that.

So, doing some research on some good hosts. Ideally, would like to find a very good host with an affiliate program and coupon.

I read the forums, but I am reading conflicting info.

At http://www.lunarpages.com/affiliate/affiliate-faqs.php, it states (unless I can't read today... and that's always a possibility ) that we can't use coupons with referrals. But I think I read in the forum that we can. Can you clarify this please?

Also, I know the coupons are for 12-month plans, but I am worried about referring customers over and they signup for 3-month plans. If that happened, I would not get commissions, right? If so, any advice on how to prevent that?

Thanks again,

Rob

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
Re: New affiliate questions...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 12:35:34 PM »
I believe there are only a select number of coupons you can use in combination with the affiliate plan. 
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline hummerton

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 03:26:30 AM »
I've emailed affiliates@lunarpages.com twice... no responses. Is this just another web host that promises everything and gives nothing?

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 04:19:49 AM »
I just dropped Tiara an e-mail to see if she can take a peek here to check in on your issues as soon as she comes in today.
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline Tiara

• MR-Disabled
  • Intergalactic Superstar
  • growing up is overrated <3
    • Me & Mildred Against the World: Let's Start a Revolution!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 07:20:30 AM »
Hi Rob,

Can you please provide me with your ticket number for the inquiries you've sent in? I don't see anything in the Affiliate Desk, and I'm wondering if they were lost due to emailing "affiliates" instead of "affiliate" @lunarpages.com. Just PM me your email and I can send you a personal email to get the ball rolling and assist every step of the way. :)

The thing about coupons is this:

* We say "no coupons" as an easy explanation, because we have what we call "protected coupons" which we provide to affiliates who can bring 60+ sales per month. These protected coupons are unique to each affiliate we give them to and attached to their affiliate accounts so that if one of these coupons is used, that specific affiliate gets the credit.

* The coupons found on our homepage are always 100% safe. "Spring" for example is available for all affiliates as is our new promotion we're launching today.

* We offer several "generic" coupons which all affiliates can use in conjunction with their affiliate URLs. At the moment, the available coupons are: **25offhosting ($25 off 12/24 shared plans), 2freemonths (2 additional months on 24 month shared plans), Spring ($48 off our 24 month Basic Plan), Promo ($48 off our 24month Basic Plan), and win3 (3 free months on 12/24 Windows Plan).

* Any coupon specials for weekend sales are also available to all affiliates.

The easiest way to deter a customer from purchasing the 3 or 6 month plan is to tell them the costs associated. Our 3month Basic plan for example costs $9.95 per month + $30 setup fee + $9.95 to register the domain name. Total upfront cost for 3 months = $69.80. Total yearly costs paying every 3 months = $129.35 (+one time $30 setup fee).

Now look at the cost of the 1-year Basic Hosting Plan: $7.95 per month. Total upfront cost with coupon 25offhosting for 1 full year = $70.40. Or you can buy 2 years for $118.80, which is STILL less than paying for 1 year with a 3month billing cycle.  :clap:
Last night, Darth Vader came down from the planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine to the dance, he'd melt my brain.
[/i]

Digg these guys, yo:

Best Web Hosting EVER.
That Damn Blog
Me and my muses...someday
Me & Mildred Against the World: Let's Start a Revolution