Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: lost my password  (Read 405 times)

Offline JaphyR

• Intergalactic Cowboy
    • 1000 Random Walks
lost my password
« on: July 06, 2008, 12:35:38 PM »
Hi,

Sometimes I go a while without logging in to cpanel, and I seem to lose my password or it gets reset.  I tried logging in today, and it said wrong username/ password.  So I clicked "lost password", filled in username, domain, and email address.  When I submitted, it went to a blank LP page:  https://account.lunarpages.com/forgot.php

I have not received an email with a new password.  How long is the email supposed to take?  I feel silly putting in a support ticket when the lost password feature is right there on the login page.
1000 Random Walks - A collaborative art project, using people on the internet as a source of randomness.

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
Re: lost my password
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 02:17:20 PM »
For a while now, LP has been expiring passwords every 6 months. You want to make a note to get on the system and change it yourself at least every 6 months.

If the system went belly-up (blank page) when you asked for a new password, that sounds like there's a bug in the system. It should be reported to support@lunarpages.com. While you're at it you can ask them to supply you with a new password, or wait until they fix the lost password system. Be sure to check your junk/spam/bulk email folder first, as the email may have ended up there. Also, have you changed your email address? Responses from support (and the new password) will go to whatever email address is on file. If you no longer have that one, you may be requested to provide some proof that you're the owner before they will send to a new address.
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-

Offline JaphyR

• Intergalactic Cowboy
    • 1000 Random Walks
Re: lost my password
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 08:12:27 PM »
Thanks MrPhil, I ended up submitting a support ticket and got into my account.  I also let them know that the lost password link did not work.
1000 Random Walks - A collaborative art project, using people on the internet as a source of randomness.