Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: how do i upload in ASCII and chmod  (Read 3831 times)

Offline 007rolo

how do i upload in ASCII and chmod
« on: March 26, 2008, 11:49:59 PM »
i dont see an option to upload in this mode in the file manager , please help:-?

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
Re: how do i upload in ASCII and chmod
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 04:55:28 AM »
I don't believe there is a special mode support for that via the file manager.  You might just try to upload it and see if it works - as many FTP clients are smart enough these days to figure that out on their own.  The file manager might be the same.  If that doesn't work for you then I would suggest trying to upload with a FTP program instead as that would give you the flexibility you need.

The same could be said with chmoding a file, except I know you can do that via the file manager.  All you need to do is click on the link for the file in question, then click on the "Change Permissions" link.
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline BKNE II

• Pong! (the videogame) Master
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 05:55:33 AM »
The same could be said with chmoding a file, except I know you can do that via the file manager.  All you need to do is click on the link for the file in question, then click on the "Change Permissions" link.

How can I chmod a file with the FTP program...  I am not always able to use the cpanel depending on where I am (i.e from work I can not access cpanel as it is blocked - but I can connect useing fireftp with firefox)?

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 06:12:40 AM »
Sorry for the delay, had to install FireFTP myself to check it out.  You will need to right-click the file or folder you wish to change the permissions for - and then select "Properties".  In the next box that pops up, you can change the permissions.  Hope that helps!

Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline BKNE II

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 06:38:34 AM »
You will need to right-click the file or folder you wish to change the permissions for - and then select "Properties".  In the next box that pops up, you can change the permissions.  Hope that helps!

Yes,  Great..  Thanks

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 06:40:29 AM »
Not a problem, happy to help!  :thumb:

Offline BKNE II

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 06:19:15 PM »
OK..  any idea with FTP Surfer?  Unfortuanly the right clig and properties does not give option to modify. (that is what I have at home)  Nevermid I found it under the tools menu.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 06:20:48 PM by BKNE II »

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 03:54:39 AM »
Happy to hear you found it.  ;D