I have noticed that several people on the forums here in the past have had problems pulling up their web sites, but when support checks things out - everything is fine. If you find yourself in this boat it is important to get support as much information as you can before you go back to them with the problem. The more information the Lunarpages support team has the easier it will be to troubleshoot your issues.
I want you to create an empty text file on your desktop, and call it "support info for lunarpages" or something to that effect. Now each time you notice you are having trouble, but some others are not - write down this information:Step 1
- Your current IP address. If you are unsure what your current IP address is, you can use a tool such as the one found here:http://whatismyip.com/Step 2
- Do a trace route to see where exactly the bottle neck might be. Here are the steps you need to go through to do a trace route for your domain:Windows Info:
1. Go to Start > Run...
2. Enter cmd and click OK.
3. At the prompt, type tracert yourdomainname and hit enter.
4. Copy and paste the results into your text file.Note: Some people are often confused by how to copy and paste from the cmd prompt (that black window your looking at). The best way to go about this is to right click on the window (anywhere in the black part) and select "Select All". Then to copy, hit the Ctrl + C keys on your keyboard. Then you can right click with your mouse, and select paste to paste it into your text file you are saving this information to.Mac Info:
1. Double-click the Hard Drive icon > Applications folder > Utilities folder > Network Utility program.
2. Select the trace route tab and enter the hostname, where hostname can be a domain name, a machine name or an IP address.
3. Press Enter then copy and paste the results into your text file.Step 3
- You may also try to access your web site by proxy if it is not coming up for you. Make sure you relay this information back to support as well. Here are two good resources where you can do that:http://www.megaproxy.com/freesurf/
Do these two things each time you notice the problem, save it for about 4 or 5 times and then hand that over to support (everything you have saved in that text file)
. Also be sure to make note of the date and time you are having problems to. Might also toss in your time zone so that we can easily convert the time your having the issues to the west coast Lunarpages time.