Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Who would like this 'feature'  (Read 8796 times)

Offline snoɯʎuouɐ

• Spaceship Navigator
  • Call my anonymous, not snow.
Who would like this 'feature'
« on: March 02, 2008, 03:28:41 AM »
To cut a long story short, the feature is a "Script" which when you refer someone to your website the referrer gets $65 taken away from their payment of hosting, so 2 people referred = $130 taken away from your hosting fees (if you don't have $AMOUNT REFERRED worth of hosting, you get options to upgrade to another hosting plan, roll it over to the next payment, a domain or ASP support, JSP support, dedicated IP, dedicated SSL certificate, etc.)

Who would like this? I e-mailed affiliate@lunarpages.com requesting it.. please tell me your views!
snoɯʎuouɐ is anonymous upside down
------------------------------------
uʍop ǝpısdn snoɯʎuouɐ sı ɐnonʎɯous

Offline webweaver

• Galactic Royalty
    • weavehouston
Re: Who would like this 'feature'
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 07:30:04 AM »
Mitch,

As I understand this, instead of waiting until you get your 3 referrals (or however many it is) and getting a check, you will immediately be credited on your account for any referral you get at an amount of $65 per referral? And that amount you are credited could be used toward your annual plan or toward any of the upgraded features you mentioned.? I think that is a great idea, especially if you can use it to pay "future" years. if you get enough referrals.  For those with a great many referrals, it might not work, but we don't get very many and it would work just as well for it to apply to our hosting fee as to get a check in the mail.  I do think you ought to leave the option open for either way of getting credit for your referrals.

Webweaver

Offline snoɯʎuouɐ

• Spaceship Navigator
  • Call my anonymous, not snow.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 12:04:46 PM »
My name is actually Jake, webweaver. Sorry to confuse you.

But yes, that's what I mean.
It could help a lot of people.
snoɯʎuouɐ is anonymous upside down
------------------------------------
uʍop ǝpısdn snoɯʎuouɐ sı ɐnonʎɯous

Offline sagebrush

• Comic Creator
  • Trekkie
    • Crowfeathers
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 10:40:06 AM »
I would like it set up like this:

Affiliate earns $x.xx (any amount), then: 
If Affiliate has not met the requirements to be paid by check, then he/she has these options:
  • 1. Apply commission to hosting account.
  • 2. Wait until he/she is qualified to be paid by check/Paypal.

If Affiliate has met the requirements to be paid by check, then he/she has these options:
  • 1. Specify an amount to be applied toward hosting or other Lunarpages services.
  • 2. Specify an amount to be paid by check.
  • 3. Specify an amount to be paid by Paypal.