Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Cannot find csc.exe when trying to preview ASP.NET application  (Read 5640 times)

Offline lindylars

Cannot find csc.exe when trying to preview ASP.NET application
« on: February 23, 2008, 08:11:00 PM »
Hello folks. This is also posted in the "ASP" section, apologies for the cross post but I'm not exactly sure which forum is more appropriate for ASP.NET hosting related issues....

I am trying to deploy a BlogEngine.NET app (which is just an ASP.NET 2.0-based blog template) as a subdomain hosted in a subfolder.

I've gone through most/if not all of what I assumed are the necessary steps (uploading files/folders, creating virtual directory/application, etc) and end up getting a "Compiler executable file csc.exe cannot be found." error when previewing the app (or for that matter clicking on the links within my actual website one folder level up). I have selected the default page language to C# but I don't know if that necessarily matters or not (other than I'm assuming this is related to creation/updates to the web.config files on the remote server).

Any ideas/suggestions? For now I'm just sticking with the default XML-based provider so SQL databases don't factor in. I'm really just trying to see if I can get this deployed without spending too much time/customization invested. I haven't tried to deploy any other ASP.NET apps yet via Lunarpages. I am an IT consultant/developer by trade so I have deployed many ASP.NET 1.1/2.0 applications before, just never on a Lunarpages server (or via a consumer oriented web-hosting account where my "access" to the servers are a bit more limited).

Thank you for your time and kind assistance.

Sincerely,
Ron Larson

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
Re: Cannot find csc.exe when trying to preview ASP.NET application
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 06:24:56 AM »
Might drop an e-mail to support@lunarpages.com to see if the sever supports this or not.  Might send them the full requirements, and see what they have to say as it relates to your issues posted about here.
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline lindylars

Re: Cannot find csc.exe when trying to preview ASP.NET application
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 05:12:30 PM »
Hello Mitch. Laurence in server admin support already hooked me up so the app is working as we speak.

Thanks again,
Ron Larson