Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: What is best way to use flash streaming videos?  (Read 4538 times)

Offline dansmith44

What is best way to use flash streaming videos?
« on: February 22, 2008, 06:59:46 AM »
When I use flash cs3 to convert avi files to flash video files, I am given the option of progressive download, stream from flash video streaming service, or stream from flash media server. I would prefer a streaming delivery if possible because progressive actually downloads the videos into the users cache. But, what's the best approach with lunarpages?

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
Re: What is best way to use flash streaming videos?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 07:05:07 AM »
I would say progressive would be the best way, so that this way it would cause less strain and work on the server side.
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline dansmith44

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 07:18:58 AM »
Any suggestions on how to protect videos from being copied and/or saved since they would actually be downloaded to users cache?

Offline V-I-R-U-S

• Spaceship Navigator
  • I Love Me
    • V-I-R-U-S
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 11:01:05 PM »
Hello Dan,

There are several AVI editing and Flash editing programs that install a watermark to the video, yet Im afraid this watermark would be seen in the video playing also.

Many other companies use a different approach streaming flash video content example given is using in conjuction with a flash media server, which is not cheap as far as licensing from adobe to say the least. 

The best way I ahve found is to make a flash player using CS profession, sothink, really whatever and load the flash content in pieces from many different file locations, In for instance a FLV format which most flash supports.  Most normal users would not be able to use the files. or edit them without 1000 dollar software, which not many people have, and with it loading in parts, by the time they track down all the parts of the FLV files then try to compile them together into one movie, basically its not worth the hassle just to use someone elses content.

Hope this helps

Offline jeenia

• Trekkie
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 03:35:44 AM »
I would say progressive would be the best way, so that this way it would cause less strain and work on the server side.

Offline manzoorboy06

• Space Explorer
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 03:58:49 PM »
Any suggestions on how to protect videos from being copied and/or saved since they would actually be downloaded to users cache?

to protect ur files connect the flv videos to the flash video player by using XML....and make the target folder random that nobody cant even think about it  :D