Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Transfer  (Read 405 times)

Offline Jason2

• Intergalactic Superstar
    • Tech Support Team
Transfer
« on: February 12, 2008, 02:14:03 PM »
Hello,

A friend of mine as recently signed up to hosting with LP, via my referral link.

However, she is hosted on Freeforums, and Jackal (owner) said he will only transfer the site if she signs up through freeforums referral link.

Now, my question is, what do you have to do to transfer to your servers, but keeping the posts ect.

I know I've got point them to your name servers, but I don't think I could do it on a freeforum, as you have no control over that site.

Regards Jason
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 02:51:12 PM by Jason2 »
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
Re: Transfer
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 05:58:31 AM »
Might drop in an e-mail to affilate@lunarpages.com for little more help with this. The transfers for this deal as far as I know are all handled on the freeforums side and we don't have much of anything to do with it on our side of things.  Depending on if the person you want to sign up would want to give you access to their information to do the transfer, you might be able to.  Not sure how good of a exporting feature they give over there or if it is something only the people in charge at freeforums would have.  Good luck though! 
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!