Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: How dose my Website looks now in this new year?  (Read 2178 times)

Offline andrew12

• Pong! (the videogame) Master
How dose my Website looks now in this new year?
« on: January 29, 2008, 02:25:29 PM »
<website seems to be long gone, but some of the discussion below may be of general interest. -- mod.>

I had older topic about my website before. This is new post this time I change the template theme and added new stuff how do you like it?

My website is www.andrewtaylor.cc also take a look at the message board template to! Looks very cool.  :shades: I just wonder my Contact Us Page dose not directy send emails out to buggy is there way I can fix it?

Code: [Select]
 <form id="form1" name="form1" method="get" action="mailto:hidden[at]andrewtaylor.cc">
        <label>First Name:
        <input type="text" name="textfield" id="textfield" />
        </label>
            <p>
              <label>Last Name:
              <input type="text" name="textfield2" id="textfield2" />
              </label>
        </p>
            <p>
              <label> Feedback<br />
              :
              <textarea name="textarea" id="textarea" cols="53" rows="12"></textarea>
              </label>
              <br />
            </p>
            <p>
              <label>
              <input name="Submit" type=submit onclick="form.submit(); document.location.href='thankyou.php';" value="Send Forum" />
              </label>
              <label>
              <input type="reset" name="button2" id="button2" value="Reset" />
              </label>
            </p>
      </form>
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:33:20 AM by MrPhil »
Thanks,
Andrew Taylor
www.andrewtaylor.cc

Offline wektech

• Master Jedi
    • Yuma Arizona Information
Re: How dose my Website looks now in this new year?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 02:47:47 PM »
You will need to use some sort of server side scripting to bypass the need to use a user email client. For you main site, I would suggest you investigate liquid width designs (or just use smaller static width) and the use of padding to move the text off the borders. For your forum, I would suggest either better contrast between text and background or the use of a much larger font.

Offline andrew12

• Pong! (the videogame) Master
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 03:33:28 PM »
You will need to use some sort of server side scripting to bypass the need to use a user email client. For you main site, I would suggest you investigate liquid width designs (or just use smaller static width) and the use of padding to move the text off the borders. For your forum, I would suggest either better contrast between text and background or the use of a much larger font.
The term liquid is that I need images for the text or something? Everyone has deffrent color favorites.
Thanks,
Andrew Taylor
www.andrewtaylor.cc

Offline wektech

• Master Jedi
    • Yuma Arizona Information
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 06:27:47 PM »
The reference to liquid width was due to the fact that you must have a window with a resolution of over 1280px wide to view your site without the use of horizontal scroll bars. Even with a window that large the text is difficult to read as the text lines are so long. This is the reason that newspapers and magazines use columns instead of printing a paragraph that spans the entire page width. A liquid width design will alter the page width based on the size of the available window. There are other methods that will limit the text to comfortable line length even in a large resolution window. If you want visitors to stay around and see what you offer at your site, it must make the visitor comfortable. This is why I mention the lack of contrast on the forum. The theme looks great but it is difficult to read.