Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: custom php.ini and uploading on windows -- RESOLVED  (Read 9407 times)

Offline benabus

custom php.ini and uploading on windows -- RESOLVED
« on: January 10, 2008, 10:18:28 AM »
Hi,

I have a windows account here.  I normally code in asp.net, but I've been commissioned to do a custom PHP app.  I created a file upload app, but it doesn't appear to be working.  From what I read, it seems that I need to create a custom php.ini file to modify a few settings (such as the temp file upload directory).   I cannot, for the life of me, get it to recognize the custom php.ini

I have the file in my httpdocs folder, where I've read it should go.  I really don't know what to do from there.

The main uploading problem that started it all is this:  From what I can tell, the upload is getting to the server alright... I'm using a post request, and in the script I'm dumping $_FILES, and it shows that the tmp name is something along the lines of "C:/WINDOWS/temp/tmpname.jpg".  I'm unable to use move_uploaded_files or copy to move the file into the destination director.  I'm giving it the fully qualified path... The folders are all set to give everyone all permissions. 

I really need to find a solution to the upload problem.  If I can find a solution that does not involve the php.ini file, that would be great, though I am a bit curious as to why I can't get php.ini to be recognized.

Any ideas?

*EDIT* ...   Support people helped me with the php.ini problem.  I was running PHP as ISAPI, so I unchecked that option in setup in plesk and it works now.... Still no luck with the uploading.

EDIT AGAIN...  All is good now.  My uploading problem was due mainly to a typo.   I feel silly.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 11:20:32 AM by benabus »

Offline bezworks

Re: custom php.ini and uploading on windows -- RESOLVED
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 07:52:15 PM »
Did you set up a php.ini file and .htaccess file as well? If so, can you provide the steps and coding used in each? Thanks.

Offline zhangidc

Re: custom php.ini and uploading on windows -- RESOLVED
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 11:24:01 PM »
Windows host does not support.htaccess file