Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: "Error while uploading" "Cannot create catalog"  (Read 1819 times)

Offline koniecko

"Error while uploading" "Cannot create catalog"
« on: December 20, 2007, 06:21:27 AM »
Hello,

I had uploaded my website a 2 months ago, which was only a few pages, as a test to get familiar with FTP and was successful. However, 2 months has passed and my website is complete and when I went to upoad the final product I received the error message "Error while uploading and cannot create catalog". I entered the same information for uploading when I origianlly uploaded but still received error.

I tried to look for more info in the forums but could not find much. I checked my page titles for any "/" but did not find any.

Do all my files go to public_html?

Any help would be grateful.

Thanks
K.

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
Re: "Error while uploading" "Cannot create catalog"
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 06:25:15 AM »
Yes, everything you want to upload and show up under your domain name should be put into your public_html folder.  If you are able to login - don't think this would be a user name/password issue either.  If your using the CoffeeCup software suit to upload and work on your site, I found this thread here that might be some help:

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4088

New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline koniecko

Re: "Error while uploading" "Cannot create catalog"
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 06:04:25 AM »
Hi,

I read the thread on the CC forum and it sounds like I first need to start with uploading with a different FTP. Can you recommend a free one or is it better to buy it. Last night I created a few pages and sent them using the FTP offered with VSD and it worked fine but I still received the same error message when sending my original work.

I am also running  ver5.7. which I just downloaded from Lunarpages a few months ago. Do they offer another version? Another comment on the CC forum was to uninstall then reinstall a higher version. Would my website still work the same if I install a higher version? Sorry I am very green to website design and function.

Thanks for any help.

Kris