Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Installing Wordpress to Add-On Domain, Need Help  (Read 1550 times)

Offline jon8105

• Pong! (the videogame) Master
Installing Wordpress to Add-On Domain, Need Help
« on: December 08, 2007, 07:03:58 PM »
Ok, my original domain, currentworldnews.net, was set-up as a Wordpress blog using Fantastico and works fine.  However, I have created an add-on domain, technewssource.net, and want to make it a Wordpress blog also using Fantastico.  Here is my problem:

When I enter in the information for the Wordpress installation, one thing I have to fill in is "Install in Directory," which is giving me problems for the add-on domain.  I select "technewssource.net" for the "Install on Domain" and tired to leave it blank (because I want the URL to be http://technewssource.net), but it says I can't do that because I can only have one on the root domain.

I then put in "technewssource" (which is the folder that was created when I added the domain) and it creates the blog fine, however, it makes my URL for the blog http://technewssource.net/technewssource.  Is there something I am doing wrong, or is there a way to fix this problem.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

I tried to search the forums for the same problem but I couldn't find one.  If there is one out there I am sorry for asking the same question!!  Thanks :help:

katrina1

Re: Installing Wordpress to Add-On Domain, Need Help
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 05:41:21 AM »
Do you have another Fantastico script installed in the root of the addon domain? If so, it won't allow you to install a 2nd there. However, if you had one there previously but not anymore, you can edit .fantasticodata/installed_in_root.php to remove the addon from it or change it = 0 rather than 1. That will stop the error message.

Offline jon8105

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 07:47:45 AM »
Yes I do have another one there and I still want to keep that one. 

Ok, when I create an add-on it adds a folder to the original domain's public_html folder, and that folder (in this case technewssource is the name I gave the folder when I did the add-on) has the url http://technewssource.net.  So, when I create a Wordpress blog using fantastico and put the "Install in Directory" as "technewssource", why does it create another folder inside the add-on folder (it puts the folder in public_html/technewssource/technewssource instead of in public_html/technewssource)?  Since it was doing that I figured if I put "technewssource.net" as the "Install on Domain" and nothing in the "Install in Directory" it would place it in the root directory of technewssource.net, which is public_html/technewssource. 

Is there anything I can do to fix this?  Thanks for your help!

Offline jon8105

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 07:15:38 PM »
Nevermind, I was able to manually install wordpress and change the config file to match the data I created in MySQL.  If anyone needs to know how to do this just let me know (my e-mail is jonathon8105@yahoo.com) and I will try and help.