Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: What happened to Dedicated Chat and/or getting a real person on the phone?  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Rapunzl

• Pong! (the videogame) Master
This is really frustrating. Since I started hosting my account, I haven't had any complaints regarding customer service. The last two times I needed help, I've had to wait for a callback or email which took two to three days last time. Before, I'd log into http://dedicated@lunarpages.com and get live help, on the spot, with no waiting. I could also call the phone number on the site and get a real person instead of leaving voice mail. What happened to the old addage, "If it's not broke, don't fix it."? The move to the new "help desk" makes me realize why some people resist change. I yearn for what used to be.

As far as my problem goes, I've tried CHMOD for a new Joomla 1.5 install to make config.php writable. Even though it shows as writable, it's not working. I remember having to use SSH to run some sudo command before, but I'll be darned if I can find it now. I've yet to find a way to search the new Knowledge stuff, and Forums aren't finding it either. Can anyone help me, so I don't waste a night banging my head on the keyboard? I'd be very appreciative.

Offline perestrelka

• Master Jedi
Hi Rapunz,

We continue to have a 24/7 phone line open to speak directly to one of our system admins in our datacenter. You would reach this option by calling 1-714-521-8150 and then pressing 2 for the dedicated and vps area. If you are unable to call us on this line, please provide your phone number to us and we would be more than happy to contact you from our datacenter about your VPS or any issues you might have on the server at any time of day or night.

As for the problem you state, unfortunately, it is not clear what you are trying to accomplish. Can you please provide mode details? Any errors messages you are receiving during Joomla installation would be very helpful.

Thank you.
Kind Regards,
Vlad Artamonov

Offline Rapunzl

• Pong! (the videogame) Master
Thank you for the reply Perestrelka. I did get a quicker response through email than last time, although it didn't address my issue of finding the SSH command I was looking for. It did tell me to push option 2 for phone support.

You do indeed have 24/7 phone lines, but they are rather confusing as far as the options. Option 2 is for "dedicated and vps sales and support". Option 4, which I chose, is supposed to be for "dedicated and vps technical support". In my opinion, this problem was a technical issue, but that forces you to leave a message that doesn't get answered right away. What exactly is technical support for? I'm confused. After choosing option 2, the swing supervisor answered my call after ten minutes of holding and assisted me with my issue.

Bottom line: I still miss dedicated chat, the old easily searchable knowledge base and easier to access (technical?) support.

Offline perestrelka

• Master Jedi

Unfortunately, I mistyped in my previous reply and the correct option would be 4. Luckily, it was not a big deal, because the both lines are assigned to system administrators. They could be busy when you chose the option 4, however, if you would leave a message, you would be called back as soon as possible.

As for the dedicated chat, it was temporary shut down so that staff could concentrate on two primary support areas: helpdesk and calls. However, we hope to enable it back at some point in the future.

Please advise, if you have any further questions or concerns.
Kind Regards,
Vlad Artamonov