Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Security Issue with Multiple Hosting Accounts (8/28/2007 - 9/14/2007)  (Read 21762 times)

Offline John B

• Trekkie
Re: Security Issue with Multiple Hosting Accounts (8/28/2007 - 9/14/2007)
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2007, 08:18:45 AM »
John B - please e-mail support@lunarpages.com if you are still needing official support from Lunarpages on this issue.  Due to security issues this isn't something we'll be able to help you with one on one unless you have a help desk ticket.  Thanks!
I have opened up a support ticket, too.  thanks

support3.com & itsiest.com!
Stop asking me for my account!

Offline WayneSallee

• is here to search for clues, question everyone and investigate the the disappearance of the
  • Galactic Royalty
    • WayneSallee.com
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2007, 08:21:26 AM »
John B - please e-mail support@lunarpages.com if you are still needing official support from Lunarpages on this issue.  Due to security issues this isn't something we'll be able to help you with one on one unless you have a help desk ticket.  Thanks!
I have opened up a support ticket, too.  thanks

Did you download the log file?

Wayne Sallee
Wayne@WayneSallee.com

Offline WayneSallee

• is here to search for clues, question everyone and investigate the the disappearance of the
  • Galactic Royalty
    • WayneSallee.com
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2007, 08:24:36 AM »
You can also log into Cpanel and go to file maneger, and download it from there.

Wayne Sallee
Wayne@WayneSallee.com

Offline John B

• Trekkie
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2007, 08:26:06 AM »
One of my web sites has been continually defaced.  support3.com  The latest defacement effected every single default page in every single subfolder.  Is anyone seeing this issue again?

Please help get this problem rectified!

-JMB

Did you look to see how they got in?

Wayne Sallee
Wayne@WayneSallee.com
I am at work and don;t have a lot of time to research this continuously.  How would I check this?

Use your ftp software that you use to upload your web pages. Look for a directory "logs", and download the log file for this month. It's a compressed file, so you will need to use something like winzip to unzip it. Then look at the logs and see what IP address did what. You can see what they looked at and when, and if they tried to load a page that does not exist, or if they tryed to push code to a php page.

Wayne Sallee
Wayne@WayneSallee.com
Thanks, I do not see a directory called Logs in the root FTP folder.  There is a statistics folder, but I do not see any ZIP files int here.  I am on a windows host (Kraz)

Offline WayneSallee

• Galactic Royalty
    • WayneSallee.com
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2007, 08:55:31 AM »
One of my web sites has been continually defaced.  support3.com  The latest defacement effected every single default page in every single subfolder.  Is anyone seeing this issue again?

Please help get this problem rectified!

-JMB

Did you look to see how they got in?

Wayne Sallee
Wayne@WayneSallee.com
I am at work and don;t have a lot of time to research this continuously.  How would I check this?

Use your ftp software that you use to upload your web pages. Look for a directory "logs", and download the log file for this month. It's a compressed file, so you will need to use something like winzip to unzip it. Then look at the logs and see what IP address did what. You can see what they looked at and when, and if they tried to load a page that does not exist, or if they tryed to push code to a php page.

Wayne Sallee
Wayne@WayneSallee.com
Thanks, I do not see a directory called Logs in the root FTP folder.  There is a statistics folder, but I do not see any ZIP files int here.  I am on a windows host (Kraz)

Windows server might be different. You could go to cpannel, and and see if you can find raw http logs there.

Wayne Sallee
Wayne@WayneSallee.com

Offline John B

• Trekkie
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2007, 08:57:53 AM »
unfortunately, all the Cpanel stuff is blocked while I am at work (ugh) because of the ports.

Will ahve to check when I get home.

Thanks for your help.