Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Bounced emails  (Read 3746 times)

Offline 0aker

Bounced emails
« on: August 20, 2007, 07:59:36 AM »
On Pisces

All email to and from att.net and bellsouth.net are getting bounced, and have been for about two days that I know of. 

Anyone else having a problem?

I opened a ticket yesterday, but so far no response.  Tried to log into the ticket this moring, and it just hung - wouldn't open the ticket.

This is starting to get expensive.

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
Re: Bounced emails
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 08:03:39 AM »
Were there any odd messages in the headers of those e-mails? 
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline 0aker

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 09:25:11 AM »
    SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<norkunas@cellpac.com> SIZE=3759:
    host scc-mailrelay.att.net [204.127.208.75]: 550-209.200.255.19 blocked by ldap:ou=rblmx,dc=worldnet,dc=att,dc=net
    550 Blocked for abuse.  See http://www.att.net/general-info/rblinquiry.html

Sent to an att.net account just now.....

Subject was "TEST"

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 10:01:56 AM »
You may want to e-mail the full headers of those e-mails (along with your account info) to abuse@lunarpages.com so our support folks can investigate that issue for you.  Thanks!

Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline 0aker

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 10:47:59 AM »
Yeah, like I said in the first post......opened a ticket yesterday.

Offline GaryG

• Spaceship Navigator
  • CycliStats - Software for Cyclists
    • http://www.shastasoftware.com
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 12:30:09 PM »
The same problem has been occurring with hotmail and comcast. 

Hotmail and comcast mail servers have decided that the Quasor mail server at lunarpages is a source of spam, and are refusing to forward emails from lunarpages to their users.

I reported the Hotmail problem on Saturday, and it still exists (as of a couple of minutes ago).  I noticed the comcast problem this morning, and reported it about 6 hours ago (so far, no reply from LP support).

So, if you need to send emails to one of those domains, you'll need to use an alternative mail server (e.g.,  your ISP's mail server).
Shasta Software - http://www.shastasoftware.com
Developers of CycliStats - Software for Cyclists - http://www.CycliStats.com

Offline NitroPye

• Space Explorer
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 06:59:49 AM »
I am having the same problem it looks like with sending mails to comcast, rcn, and adelphia.

Sort of a big issue for me :(

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 07:04:48 AM »
Sorry to hear that NitroPye, please follow the same advice I gave to 0aker about sending the headers in to abuse@lunarpages.com and our abuse department will take a look at this for you.

Offline GaryG

• Spaceship Navigator
  • CycliStats - Software for Cyclists
    • http://www.shastasoftware.com
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 10:12:20 AM »
I am having the same problem it looks like with sending mails to comcast, rcn, and adelphia.

Sort of a big issue for me :(

+1.

The problem with comcast has been going on for about 10 days.  But, hey, you didn't really need to send any emails to any of comcast's 15 million customers did you?

Unfortunately, this is indicative of major issues within LP.  The fact that several major ISP's have been blocking all email from LP mail servers for over a week indicates that LP mail servers have been sending out heavy volumes of spam...the fact that LP tech support seems unable to control this problem is very worrying (and, annoying).

I've been with LP for over 5 years, and recommended them to friends and colleagues.  But, the last month of "upgrades" has been a complete fiasco, from my perspective.  I've been buried in spam, because SpamAssassin is still not running on quasor, and I've had to use my ISP's mail servers to send emails to many of my customers (whose ISP's are blocking mail from LP).

If it was just an issue of a few hours, or even a day or two, I would be more understanding.  But, these problems have been going on for days and weeks...clearly, there appear to be major problems with LP management and tech support.  It's a shame, because 5 years ago they were great. 
Shasta Software - http://www.shastasoftware.com
Developers of CycliStats - Software for Cyclists - http://www.CycliStats.com

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 10:23:41 AM »
Hello Gary, I am afraid you might be taking a few things out of proportion.  There is no block against the entire Lunarpages network with any ISP or mail provider.  From time to time, there is a server that gets black listed - but as soon as we get the report in, the situation is investigated by our abuse team and it is taken care of.  Sometimes, depending on the situation this can not always be resolved quickly.  Also you must keep in mind that we are working with many of these mail services to come to an understanding as well. 

Since the original questions have been addressed, I am going to go ahead and close this thread.  If you have any other issues please feel free to PM me via the forums here.  Thanks!